Recoveries & Collections Officer
- Post Date:July 29, 2021
- Views 594
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Banking
Exciting and challenging career opportunity of Recoveries & Collections Officer has arisen within Red Sphere Finance a Subsidiary of CBZ Holdings Ltd. If you would like to join us and be part of our dream to impact people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you
What we expect from you
- Manage recovery action on debts owed to the Company, including use of contracted lawyers, where appropriate.
- Prepare induplum schedules for downgraded non-performing accounts and reverse excess interest, where necessary.
- Facilitate disposal of assets ceded to the Company, where appropriate.
- Restructure and upgrade accounts which migrate from non-performing status.
- Engage with debtors and reach realistic and viable repayment plans.
- Register all bad debtors with FCB and Credit Registry.
- Handover all defaulters to contracted Agents/ Lawyers where pre-legal recovery has failed.
- Attend court hearings with Company lawyers and public auctions for sales in executions, and assist to manage legal proceedings and processes, where necessary.
- Grade accounts correctly in the CMS system from special mention to loss.
- Ensure all mortgaged properties have valuation reports not more than two years old and that valid fire policies are in place.
- Prepare weekly recoveries and collections updates on off balance sheet (write offs) and on balance sheet accounts.
- Facilitate processing of legal fees.
- Undertake quality control reviews for the collection process flows units to ensure consistent implementation of policy and the respective Service level agreements.
- Manage the loan repayment collection process in terms of the Service Level Agreements.
- Handle client queries in relation to collection and recoveries issues and ensure quick resolution of clients queries.
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- Degree in Finance/Business Studies or similar.
- Relevant professional qualification from a recognized institute or good progress towards attaining same e.g. IOBZ etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Loan Officer / Credit Analyst within a financial environment preferably in a Microfinance company.
- High level of drive to achieve results and surpassing set targets.
- Ability to deal firmly and decisively with delinquent borrowers.
- Good understanding of legal consequences of recovery and collection activities and thorough grasp of related legislation.
- High level of computer literacy.
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected] not later than Tuesday 3 August, 2021 stating the position being applied for in the subject line.