- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 346
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Reconciliations Manager which has arisen within Steward Bank Finance Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Analysing the reconciliation processes/ framework and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Reviewing of Bank Wide Suspense Account & GL Reconciliations.
- Identifying & flagging emerging operational risks from outstanding exceptional items and submitted reconciliations to senior management.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly exceptional clearance reports for management information.
- Initiating formulation of new policies and procedures for the Central Reconciliation Unit which includes the compilation of the Finance Reconciliations Manual.
- Receiving, reviewing and identifying any irregularities and/ or variances on reconciliations and liaises with business units for correction.
- Providing guidance to Departments on the treatment of suspense account items and proposed reversal journal entries.
- Providing input in the development of underlying processes and systems to facilitate ongoing improvement of the Bank’s Reconciliations processes.
- Participating in the product development initiatives to identify the impact on reconciliations and provide recommendations on the data output requirements.
- Attending audit planning and update meetings, providing auditors with information to conduct their tasks & responding to audit queries.
- Identifying suspense account Risk Issues and ensure that Suspense account procedures and policies are being followed across the Bank.
- Identifying areas of control weakness and recommends improvements
- Conducting meetings with staff to discus and agree on medium and short term objectives.
- Arranging for the training of staff on compliance of Departmental procedures & carrying out performance appraisals for subordinates.
- Monitoring the overall staff welfare, to provide appropriate action for immediate assistance.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting or similar.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CA or CIMA
- 5 years and above in similar or related environment at a supervisory level
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to [email protected] with the title, Reconciliations Manager clearly written in the subject line.
Closing date for all applications is 25 May 2021, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.