- Post Date:January 13, 2021
- Views 575
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Working location: Bulawayo FS Program
Supervisor: Family Strengthening Coordinator – Bulawayo
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Purpose of the position
The Receptionist will provide office orderly, clerical, and administrative support for the Bulawayo FSP office. He/she will be responsible for manning the reception area; providing secretarial support; preparing and serving teas; ensuring that Offices, kitchens, meeting rooms, and offices are kept in a clean and tidy manner.
Priority tasks & responsibilities
The Receptionist is responsible for:
- Manning the front office/reception area;
- Receive visitors, determine the purpose of their visit, direct or escort visitors;
- Operate the switchboard in a courteous and professional manner;
- Organizes, sends out, and receive courier deliveries;
- Process, sort, and route incoming and outgoing mail;
- Make transport and accommodation arrangements for staff travel;
- Monitor and manage inventory of office supplies;
- Order and distribute office supplies as necessary;
- Assist staff with printing, photocopying and binding of documents as requested;
- Maintain a pleasant, neat and orderly reception area;
- Updates files and maintain proper filing systems;
- Cleans offices and kitchen areas;
- Prepares and serve tea/coffee to guests, staff and during meetings;
- Maintains the Kitchen and boardroom in a clean and tidy manner;
- Process orders and replenish kitchen supplies.
The Receptionist must have:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Administration, Office Management or similar;
- Advanced Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in office support, administrative or clerical work;
- Experience and knowledge of operating a telephone switchboard and general office equipment.
The Receptionist must have:
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and be comfortable with multi-skilling;
- A pleasant personality, exceptional interpersonal skills, and strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to establish strong and effective working relationships with people from different backgrounds.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to:
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability, or creed.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect, and security”
Deadline: 15 January 2021