Quality Improvement Assistant
- Post Date:August 21, 2021
- Views 335
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Quality Improvement Assistant. The position will be based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. Zim-TTECH is implementing the DREAMS program in four districts in Matebeleland North province. Zim-TTECH also supports Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The main function of this position is to support quality improvement projects at Zim-TTECH-supported health facilities. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in tracking progress of Quality Improvement projects, ensuring appropriate documentation and data collection.
- Facilitate setting up of Quality Improvement Committees and Quality Improvement teams at facilities and establishing routines for regular Quality Improvement team meetings or “huddles” focused on PDSAs, monthly Quality Improvement Committee meetings and quarterly development of Quality Improvement project work plans.
- Assist in providing technical support to facility and district teams in prioritizing and analysing causes of performance gaps, developing and piloting interventions through PDSAs, documenting and evaluating facility-level programs.
- Assist in providing technical support to facilities for developing and using process indicators to track progress of Quality Improvement activities and in performing data management activities, such as abstraction, verification, validation, and entry into an electronic database and in analysing the data prior to submission of Quality Improvement reports.
- Supporting the documentation and dissemination of key Quality Improvement activities taking place at facilities to stakeholders (Quality Improvement Committee meeting minutes, Quality Improvement projects and Quality Improvement related process data).
- Performing any other duties as delegated by the supervisor.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Health-related professional degree.
- Background training or experience in Monitoring & Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge, experience, and interest in Quality Improvement, including understanding of the Zimbabwe HIV program.
- Certification as a QI Coach will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the Zimbabwe public health sector and/or in quality improvement projects.
- Must possess functional and working knowledge of MS Office platforms.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 August 2021