Quality Assurance Manager – Mining Group
- Post Date:January 14, 2021
- Views 520
- Career Level ManagerQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
The role is based at Head Office – Operations division – reports to Director of Operations.
- A degree or diploma in quality management.
- A Master degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in quality management environment, health and safety management systems such as ISO 9001, Global G.A.P, ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001.
- Develop and implement quality assurance systems across key operational processes (Drill & Blast; Load & Haul; Stockpiles etc).
- Develop reporting and review systems that monitor on-going performance against desired quality targets.
- Responsible for investigating and analysing operational processes with a view to eliminating errors, increasing efficiencies, improving productivity, enhancing product quality and identifying and implementing strategic cost reduction initiatives.
- Work in close liaison with the operational teams to review, refine and document SOPs for all key operational processes across the enterprise.
- Assist in implementing strategic projects identified as essential in maintaining the company’s competitive advantage.
- Developing and implementing a functional Quality Management System for Operations.
- Developing and maintaining an effective control program for all Operations departments (Mining; Geology; Processing etc).
- Implementing and continuously monitor improvement programs with the objective of increasing operational efficiencies.
- Reviewing statistical data from operations with the objective of identifying quality problems, analyse data and recommend changes to production processes or quality controls to address identified challenges.
- Actively assist in corrective action initiatives to prevent recurrence of non-conformances.
- Leading non-compliance investigations, assist in resolution and escalate warnings of possible quality control breaches to the Executive Team.
- Liaising with Managing Directors and Senior Operations staff on issues involving quality, processes, procedures and attend to urgent matters as they arise.
- Conducting weekly internal audits to verify that SOPs are being adhered to.
- Identifying quality related training and development gaps with the view of enhancing skills and efficiency levels for operational staff.
- Defining quality assurance protocols for the following primary production operations:
- Drill & Blast management
- Load & Haul management
- Stockpiles and Waste management
- Crushing management
- Milling management
- Leach & Tailings management
- Elution & smelt management
- Gold sales management
This role is urgent – please send CV in word format only (Not PDF) and details of current salary and benefits for review.
Email Your CV to Colin Roberts – [email protected]
Related Jobs (8)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time