Public Relations Officer
- Post Date:March 16, 2022
- Views 666
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Reference Number : Tel20223601
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individuals to join our team for the position of Public Relations Officer.
Reporting To: Head Corporate Communications
The incumbent will report to the Head Corporate Communications and key responsibilities includes safeguarding the image of the company through Corporate brand visibility, stakeholder management, internal communication, event management, media liaison and publicity.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Maintains Line Of Communication Through Goodwill Initiatives With Different Stakeholder Groups.
- Ensures Smooth Flow Of Information To All Stakeholder Groups Including The Public.
- Manages Different Channels Of Communication (Internal And External) Including Website.
- Initiates, Coordinate, And Monitor TelOne Public Relations Programmes And Events As And When Necessary.
- Co-Ordinates Events On Behalf Of The Organization And Other Departments.
- Liaises With Service Providers For Venues, Master Of Ceremony, Photographer, PA System And Media As And When Necessary.
- Works In Liaison With The Executive PA To Ensure That The MD’s And Departmental Calendar Events Are Covered By PR Whenever Necessary And For The Gathering Of Telebuzz And PR Bulletin
- Ensures That There Is Positive Publicity In The Media In Order To Protect The Image Of The Organization.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Implements Defined Corporate Social Responsibility Programmes.
- Tracks And Report Corporate Social Responsibility Impact Including Sustainability Matrices.
- Initiates Programs To Give Back To The Community E.G. Green Initiatives To The Environment By Planting Trees.
- Encourages Staff To Participate In Giving Back To The Community E.G. Tokwe Mukosi.
- Tracks All Reputation Drivers And Coordinates Reputation Quotient Surveys.
- Insures Positive Publicity In The Mainstream And Influences Positive Sentiment On Social Media In Order To Protect The Image Of The Organization.
- Ensures Visibility At Relevant Stakeholder Events.
- Pitch Stories To Media And Respond To Any Inquiries.
- Handles Crisis Management For The Company’s Negative Media Stories.
- Maintains Positive Relations With The Media.
- Tracks And Monitors Media Coverage And Sentiments
Qualification And Experience:
- Degree Journalism, English And Communication / Marketing Or Equivalent
- 3 Years In A Public Relations Experience Environment.
- Excellent Writer And Understanding Media Dynamics.
- Good Interpersonal And Networking Skills.
- Desktop Publishing And Social Media Skills.
- Good Command Of English Language Both Written And Spoken
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for the above posts, please apply via email to [email protected] not later than 18 March 2022.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.