- Post Date:May 11, 2022
- Views 378
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
The National Prosecuting Authority is established in terms of Section 258 of the Constitution with the responsibility to institute and undertake criminal prosecutions on behalf of the State. Career opportunities have arisen in the National Prosecuting Authority. The National Prosecuting Authority invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacancies of PUBLIC PROSECUTORS that have risen in the Authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Public Prosecutors include:
- Prosecution of criminal cases in the Provincial and Regional Magistrates Courts.
- Providing legal advice to the Police and other law enforcement agents in the investigation of criminal cases.
- Perusing crime dockets and advising law enforcement agents accordingly.
- Making decisions regarding sufficiency of evidence and charges to be preferred.
- Drafting criminal charges and case summaries.
- Attending to bail and other court applications.
- Assisting in the preparation of court rolls and management of cases set down for trial.
- Appearing in court as the State’s representative.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the District Public Prosecutor or Public Prosecutor in Charge.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Candidates must possess at least a recognized LLB Degree.
- A Masters Degree in Law shall be an added advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and high initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Integrity and fitness to hold public office.
- Computer literacy shall be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons must hand deliver their application letters together with certified copies of birth certificate, National Identity Document, educational certificates and transcripts, professional qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae. The application letter should clearly state the preferred Province of deployment. All applications should be addressed to:
National Prosecuting Authority of Zimbabwe
P. Bag CY 7714
or delivered to
101 Nkwame Nkrumah Ave,
Deadline for submission of applications is close of business on 13 May 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed in Harare.