Public-Private Partnerships and HIV Service Integration Focal Person
- Post Date:October 5, 2021
- Views 276
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Public-Private Partnerships and HIV Service Integration Focal Person, based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract will come to an end on the 30th of September 2022 and may be renewed subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The successful candidate shall report to both the Zim-TTECH Head of Programs on programmatic issues and MoHCC Deputy Director for HIV Program on day-to-day activities and shall work closely with MoHCC- ATP Program Managers across the whole HIV cascade in supporting and collaborating with provincial and MoHCC structures in liaison with Zim-TTECH program staff at all levels. The Consultant shall also support PEPFAR work in Zimbabwe with a focus on achieving set targets for epidemic control of HIV.
- Working with the National ART Program staff in strategic planning while contributing to the development of evidence-based policies, strategies and guidelines for integrated HIV Treatment and Care services towards the achievement of the 95-95-95 Fast Track targets;
- Coordinating activities for integration of NCDs including Mental Health into HIV care and treatment services within MOHCC;
- Monitoring and supporting the implementation of HIV/SRH activities and specifically Cervical Cancer screening and management for WLHIV; in close collaboration with the Reproductive health department of the MOHCC;
- Identifying and supporting training gaps among HCWs in integration of NCDs including mental health into HIV Care and Treatment services;
- Coordinating the implementation of activities for Public- Private Partnerships between MOHCC and the private sector;
- Documentation of best practices in public-private partnerships and HIV service integration with other programs;
- Contributing to the capacity building of HIV service providers at all levels by providing support for clinical mentorship activities for the delivery of comprehensive integrated HIV services;
- Working with the capacity building officer to update the HIV training package in line with current guidelines and policies;
- Monitoring program performance and providing at least quarterly progress updates at various fora;
- Preparing reports and documents as and when needed by the program.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Registered Medical doctor with a minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience in compliance, accreditation, HIV service integration, management of healthcare programs and in supporting QI activities in HIV/TB services;
- Master’s degree in Public Health will be a distinct advantage;
- Demonstrable track record of implementing and guiding large performance improvement teams using problem solving methodology;
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal written and oral communication skills with an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates can submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates either to [email protected] or to:
The Senior Consultancy Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Deadline: 14 October 2021
Related Jobs (21)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy