Public Health Promoter
- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 565
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Health Care
Station: Insiza, Nkayi, Beitbridge
Contract Period: February 2021 – May 2021
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. The International Medical Corps is anticipating an UNICEF funded project. The International Medical Corps is therefore seeking a qualified candidate for this project. The position is contingent upon funding being received from the Donor.
Reporting to the Wash Officer, the PHP will work with volunteers and health workers, communities and other stakeholders to promote high standards of hygiene, facilitate appropriate training to enhance local capacity.
Work closely with other stakeholders, to ensure that the health promotion activities easily feed into the WASH programme and current national / district health policies, and where possible, assist the partners to use the existing windows of opportunities to improve / influence the policies and practices changes, which can improve health of the beneficiaries.
- University degree in Public / Environmental Health/Diploma in Environmental Health or related field in Social Development with a minimum of 3 years field experience in PHP work;
- Knowledge of public health and one or more other relevant areas (e.g. health promotion, PHHE, community development, community behavioural engagement and change and community water supply);
- Good knowledge and experience on working with local partner agencies with a capacity of providing formal and informal training;
- Experience and understanding of community mobilisation in relation to Community Health Clubs, water, sanitation and hygiene activities;
- Understanding of international health and development and relief issues;
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations;
- Demonstrated experience of integrating protection, gender and diversity issues into public health promotion;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and fluent in spoken and written English local languages are acceptable;
- Ability to ride on a motorcycle.
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected]
Deadline: 12 February 2021
Related Jobs (15)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time