Public Health Officer
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 638
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Host Entity: WFP
Duty Station: Bulawayo (ZWE)
Language Skills: English
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 6 months
Application Deadline: 09 May 2021
- Provide technical and administrative support to Country Office Programme unit, activity managers and field-offices in all COVID-19 and health related emergencies
- Ensure compliance with WHO and ministry of health guidance on COVID-19
- Provide technical guidance on proper use and disposal of PPEs to Country Office Programme unit, activity managers, partners and field-offices
- Develop and disseminate IEC materials related to health, COVID-19 in a COVID-19 sensitive manner
- Give technical guidance on proper doning and dofing of PPEs to Country Office Programme unit, activity managers, partners and field-offices
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and support regarding health matters related to COVID-19 in all WFP programmes to Government, Country Office and Field-office staff, including input into development and updating of WFP SOPs
- Serve as the focal person for health related activities, ensure harmonization of health related WFP activities across the different field-offices, and represent WFP at health-related coordination meetings as needed, with Government, UN agencies and partners; Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility
- Ensure that health (COVID-19) concerns are fully integrated into food distribution, social protection, gender, nutrition, refugees, FFA, the HIV and AIDS targeted activities Give technical support and lead with COVID-19 sensitive programming
- Respond to information and feedback requests from the Country Office, field Office Regional Bureau and/or Head Quarters on health (COVID-19). Build evidence for COVID-19 advocacy, policy direction and programme decision-making, support the Government’s COVID-19 programming at national and sub-national levels.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to ensure efficient delivery of technical, COVID-19, health, HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health issues
- Ensure COVID-19 activities are reported on a weekly/bi-weekly basis
- Action requests from Government and different stakeholders, follow financial and procurement procedures in line with WFP corporate policies. Perform other official duties as requested by the supervisor from time to time.
- Represent WFP in multi-stakeholder for health/COVID-19 activities
- Assist the CO in emergency response (COVID-19, droughts, floods, health pandemics
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Master degree or equivalent
- Advanced University dregree in Public Health
- A First University Degree in Environmental Health, Health Promotion, Medicine, Nutrition, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Sciences/ Health Sciences with related work experience and/or trainings/courses is a requirement
- 60 Months
- At least 4 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Public Health or other relevant programmes; experience with disease outbreaks is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Public health, Food safety and nutrition, HIV/AIDS support
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarianism and public health volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System
- Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
- Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
- Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 09 May 2021
Related Jobs (31)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract