Public Engagement Officer (part-time, 50%) - NEOTREE Study
- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 393
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Biomedical Research and Training Institute (BRTI) is a not-for-profit organization in Zimbabwe, whose function is to promote research and training medicine and health through provision of infrastructural support that health scientists need to become effective researchers and thus improve the provision of health and reduce the brain drain from the country.
The position being advertised is for a dynamic and experienced public engagement professional to lead on the delivery of NeoTree’s public engagement and communications strategy in Zimbabwe. You will lead on raising the profile of the NeoTree project among diverse stakeholders including families, communities, academics, NGOs, government bodies and international agencies. You will also work closely with our partner ARTGLO and NeoTree Programme Manager based at BRTI to support NeoTree’s public engagement activities.
- The Public Engagement Officer will be responsible for leading the NeoTree communications strategy in Zimbabwe. This includes building the profile of the NeoTree on social media platforms including Facebook and twitter, as well as working with the NeoTree team to produce regular content for radio as well as offline channels such as print media etc.
- He/ She will lead on the NeoTree public engagement strategy in Zimbabwe. This includes: conducting monthly workshops/ public engagement activities with communities in the hospital catchment areas where we work, together with our research and public engagement partners; and supporting our partner, ARTGLO to organise art-based workshops with patients (mothers, fathers and carers of sick new-borns) and organise exhibitions at health facilities.
- He/ She will support the NeoTree Data Manager and NeoTree Project Manager to design and organise the engagement activities related to open data and data sharing. These include: Datathon events with local developers and analysts to encourage use of NeoTree data and stakeholder workshops with Ministries of Health, clinicians, local software developers) in order to understand cultures and sensitivities around data–sharing in these contexts.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant health related field, communications or social science discipline.
- A Masters degree would be an advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 May 2021
Related Jobs (36)
Communications Graduate Intern – Manicaland Program Area on August 4, 2021 Internship
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract