- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 326
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
ARC (Adult Rape Clinic) is a Non-Governmental Registered Organization working to deliver medicolegal and counselling services to survivors of sexual violence and promoting awareness on prevention of sexual violence.
ARC is looking for a graduate Psychologist Intern based in Harare in Zimbabwe. Reporting to the Clinic Supervisor and working closely with the Senior Psychologists and Nurse Counsellors, the Psychologist Intern will assist in providing psychotherapy, including follow-up therapy and facilitating support groups for SGBV survivors. The Intern will also work with the Outreach and Training Teams to deliver their duties and goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision, the Psychologist Intern will:
- Provide individual and group psycho-therapy to survivors and their care-givers;
- Perform Somatic psychotherapy self-care techniques, after training by ARC Psychologists, to survivors, care-givers and ARC staff;
- Perform psychological assessments and evaluations;
- Provide team consultation and psycho-education to Nurse-Counsellors and multi-sectoral stakeholders;
- Offer somatic therapy and trauma-releasing activities;
- History Intake and Records Keeping;
- Report monthly, quarterly and annual activity reports to the Clinic Supervisor and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer;
- Attend staff and other Departmental meetings;
- Attend workshops and facilitating sessions to share psychological knowledge.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- BSc Psychology
- Exceptional report writing and communication skills;
- High level of personal integrity;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to respect survivor confidentiality.
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential;
- Ability to communicate in local languages;
- Ability to communicate in sign language is an added advantage
Proficiency in the use of computers for
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft PowerPoint
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualification and experience should be submitted:
Adult Rape Clinic,
Or email to [email protected] with heading: Psychologist Intern
This is urgent recruitment and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the advert before the confirmed closing date when we find suitable candidates or sufficient applications. The Adult Rape Clinic employment policy is based on gender and human right approaches, therefore offers opportunities to all.
Deadline: 17 May 2021