Provision of salary and benefits survey
- Post Date:April 9, 2021
- Views 351
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The Law Society of Zimbabwe (LSZ) seeks to engage the services of a reputable and technically qualified individual or firm with extensive expertise in labour market analyses, management and organizational development to undertake an independent salary and benefits survey process. The Law Society of Zimbabwe therefore hereby solicits proposals from interested individuals or firms to conduct the survey and support the LSZ in establishing a competitive salary scale for its employees in line with the prevailing market trends.
Objectives of the assignment
- Evaluate the current LSZ remuneration and benefits system to determine whether it is internally equitable;
- Review the detailed and systematic job analysis of duties, tasks and responsibilities of each position at the LSZ that was carried out in 2016 and do the same for three new positions.
- Evaluate the skills, knowledge, experience and abilities of staff in post and benchmark each position and the remuneration package against the current market trend;
- Conduct a market survey of comparator organisations within Zimbabwe for purposes of reviewing the current salaries and benefits received by the LSZ staff members.
Scope of the assignment
- The selected individual or firm shall provide a detailed background and system used in the review of the current LSZ salaries and benefits;
- The selected individual or firm shall compile and suggest to LSZ a list of employers which may be considered as comparators, for the purpose of establishing staff remuneration packages and provide an explanation of why those market comparisons were chosen. The list shall be subjected to final approval by LSZ;
- Carry out a survey to compare LSZremuneration and benefits levels with suitable local comparators as identified and approved in above;
- Make proposals for adjusting current remuneration levels and a corresponding implementation plan;
- The individual or firm shall maintain complete confidentiality of all data and documents provided by selected comparator employers and by that of LSZ.
Deliverables and outputs
- Conduct an internal equity review and analysis and make recommendations for resolving any inconsistencies;
- The Minimum and Maximum remuneration values of all job matches obtained from the comparators in a format that enables like-for-like comparison with LSZ remuneration;
- Salary survey methodology that can be used for future surveys;
- A report on final survey findings with comparison and analysis of the survey results, and recommendations on remuneration packages in order to resolve any inconsistencies with market trends. The report should also include details and summary information on the comparator employers (size, number of employees etc);
- As and when required by LSZ, the individual or firm shall conduct a presentation of the process and the results to any relevant audience that LSZ may organize.
Duration of the assignment
The consultancy is expected to take up to a maximum of two (2) weeks starting from the date of signature of contract by both parties, subject to adjustments as required and mutually agreed upon.
Qualifications and experience
The successful personnel shall meet the following minimum criteria:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to human resources management, psychology, sociology, statistics and related fields;
- Past experience in undertaking salary surveys for national organisations;
- Familiarity with Zimbabwe’s labor market issues;
- Ability to render consulting services in the most professional, effective and efficient manner.
Deadline: 14 April 2021