Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:May 1, 2022
- Views 643
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Ministry of Health and Child Care is a Sub-Recipient for the Global Fund New Funding Model grant under the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) as the Principal Recipient (PR). The MOHCC wishes to recruit a PROVINCIAL MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER to contribute to the successful implementation of the grant
REPORTS TO: PMD
SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS
Preparing Quarterly/Annual reports and monitoring programme activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS, and is responsible tor the collection & analysis of different data in relation to programme activities.
- Development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies and frameworks for the province
- Implement, and manage an M&E system that will generate timely information and feedback to stakeholders
- Liaise and collaborate with staff of different departments at provincial level as well as with other partners of Ministry of Health and Child Care to harmonize M&E strategies and optimize health information systems
- Provide information to key decision makers to communicate and facilitate efficient decision-making.
- Compile, analyze and present data for reporting of program progress and impact, and quality assurance.
- Capture lessons learned and best practices, documentation and dissemination of information, assisting developing presentations, abstracts, articles, etc.
- Plan for and conduct monitoring activities and ensure accurate and timely reporting to line managers and national level.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation capacity at provincial, district levels and facility level
- Design and implement studies when necessary
- Support and supervise the operationalization of M&E plans, assuring data quality through appropriate and feasible data collection methods, analysis and reporting.
- HND in Statistics’ Health Sciences or a Degree in Social Sciences / Statistics or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in monitoring and evaluation preferably health programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with a range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation approaches including health information and data management systems, and quality assurance.
- Good working knowledge of descriptive, inferential and advanced statistics.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non- technical colleagues.
- Strong skills in MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
The post is for an initial period of one year renewable on good performance.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications.
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health and Child Care
PO Box CY 1122, Causeway
1st Floor, Kaguvi Building
Fourth Street/Central Avenue
Salary and benefits will be notified to short-listed candidates.
Closing date for advert: 03 May 2022