Provincial Medical Director (Re-advertisement)
- Post Date:March 15, 2022
- Views 494
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post of Provincial Medical Director which has fallen vacant within the Ministry of Heath & Child Care.
REPORTS TO: Secretary for Health and Child Care
STATION: Mashonaland West
Under administrative direction of the Secretary of Health and Child care, provides health service medical oversight, establish provincial health care policies, working closely with the Director City Health Services and provides for the supervision of clinical staff, allied health professionals and other health professions in the province. Acts in liaison with local medical community in the province. Provides for the examination and treatment of patients where necessary. The PMD is the Accounting Officer of the Province.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare provincial strategic plans in conformity with the national health.
- Coordinates the planning and management of health delivery system in the province.
- Implements and reviews the provincial health strategic plan.
- Interfaces with and acts as liaison to the private and non-profit health care sectors. other ministries,
- Directs the allocation and prioritization of provincial health resources (human. financial and material) and coordinates the functions of all departments under his control to meet health specific delivery commitments in tine with the National Health Strategy.
- Participates in national health policy development.
- Plans the provision of quality and coverage of medical services in the province ensuring equitable coverage.
- Informs and advises the Resident Minister and the Provincial Development Council on all matters related to health within the province.
- Responsible for the review of the heath organisational structure within the province,
- Supervision of DMOs and Medical Superintendents.
- Coordinates all research activities in the province.
- Routinely monitors and evaluates the provision of health service and health status of the population n the province.
- Monitors closely disease trends in the province, responds to disease outbreaks and establishes programmes aimed at maintaining the health and well-being of the population in the province in line with the Primary Health Care approach.
- MBChB Degree or its equivalent
- MPH or equivalent
- Specialist registration with MDPCZ
- At least two years’ experience in the grade of PEDCO/PMCHO or three years as a DMO.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 17 June 2022 to:
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104
E-Mail: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.