Provincial Medical Director - Bulawayo Metropolitan Province
- Post Date:June 8, 2021
- Views 258
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
POST: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: SECRETARY FOR HEALTH AND CHILD CARE
STATION: BULAWAYO METROPOLITAN PROVINCE
Under administrative direction of the Secretary of Health and Child care, provides health service medical oversight, establish provincial health care policies, working closely with the Director City Health Services and provides for the supervision of clinical staff, allied health professionals and other health professions in the province. Acts in liaison with local medical community in the province. Provides for the examination and treatment of patients where necessary. The PMD is the accounting officer of the province.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare provincial strategic plans in conformity with the national health.
- Coordinates the planning and management of health delivery system in the province.
- Implements and reviews the provincial health strategic plan.
- Interfaces with and acts as liaison to the private and non-profit health care sectors, other ministries.
- Directs the allocation and prioritisation of provincial health resources (human, financial and material) and coordinates the functions of all departments under his control to meet health specific delivery commitments in line with the National Health Strategy.
- Participates in national health policy development.
- Plans the provision of quality and coverage of medical services in the province ensuring equitable coverage.
- Informs and advises the Resident Minister and the Provincial Development Council on all matters related to health within the province.
- Responsible for the review of the health organisational structure within the province.
- Supervision of DMOs and Medical Superintendents.
- Coordinates all research activities in the province.
- Routinely monitors and evaluates the provision of health service and health status of the population in the province.
- Monitors closely disease trends in the province, responds to disease outbreaks and establishes programmes aimed at maintaining the health and well-being of the population in the province in line with the Primary Health Care approach.
- MBChB Degree or its equivalent
- MPH or equivalent
- Specialist registration with MDPCZ
- At least two years’ experience in the grade of PEDCO/PMCHO or three years as a DMO.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by Cover letter, detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 11 June 2021 to:
The Executive Director,
Health Service Board,
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104
NB: ONLY DOCUMENTS ( SCAN CV AND CERTIFICATES IN A SINGLE PDF FILE INCLUDE COVER LETTER ) SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.