Provincial Finance and Administration Assistant
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 501
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Provincial Program Manager
Location: Bulawayo, Chitungwiza, Mat South
Type of Contract: Casual Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the post of a casual receptionist:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the finance and operations functions of the province ensuring that these functions are conducted in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures. The Provincial Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of the Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Logistics and Administration functions of the Province.
- Coordinating the inputs from different districts and updating the consolidated provincial budget templates and budget narratives in liaison with the Finance Analyst to come up with accurate budgets;
- Build the capacity of provincial managers and district program officers to effectively manage their budgets through sharing detail ledger extracts for their respective units, interpreting financial data and coordinating with the Accountant to provide any additional information as required;
- Assist the Provincial Manager to track expenditure through interpreting the Budget Variance Analysis Report (BVA Report); To coordinate the local recruitment and selection function, to ensure that the best staff are selected in compliance with OPHID policy. To participate in placement of adverts, inviting candidates for interviews, and organizing interviews, under guidance from HR Central Office;
- Supporting the Provincial Manager in organizing Provincial leave plans. In liaison with the Provincial Coordinator sent through leave reminders, to ensure that Provincial staff go on leave, in accordance with the Policy;
- Ensure that programs have adequate transport through scheduling for maintenance and liaising with the central office Transport Officer for back up as necessary;
- Prepare the monthly transport report for the province through reviewing and consolidating the input from all districts in compliance with the OPHID Transport Policy and Procedures;
- Support the Provincial Manager to effectively manage the fleet through monitoring the vehicle tracking system and generating exception reports with recommendations for corrective action;
- Periodic inspection of OPHID’s assets and properties and ensuring that they are tagged for safeguarding the assets and maintenance of the Asset Registers ensuring that all asset and supplies acquisitions are recorded therein.
- At least a Degree in Accounting, Business Studies or Administration (where courses on financial management, administration, human resources management were part of the degree curriculum);
- Valid and Clean Class 4 Drivers’ License with at least 2 years driving experience;
- Sound appreciation of internal controls and accounting principles;
- Excellent knowledge and application skills of IT tools and management systems.
- Step 1: Complete the Application Form here
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 17 May 2021