Provincial Epidemiology & Disease Control Officer (PEDCO)
- Post Date:August 2, 2022
- Views 160
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
STATION: Provincial Medical Directororate: Harare; Provincial Medical Directororate: Bulawayo
REPORTS TO: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL DIRECTOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the malaria control programs.
- Oversee all the malaria prevention and control activities in the province.
- Work closely with the relevant PHE members to ensure that targets on their specific malaria indicators are met.
- Set up a system that ensures constant flow of malaria data from districts and health facilities to the provincial office.
- Captures, consolidates, analyses and disseminates all malaria related data to the NMCP office and to health facilities in the province.
- Carry out regular support and supervisory visits to all districts in the province as well as selected health facilities.
- Facilitates distribution of malaria commodities within the province according to need and consumption patterns.
- Compiles monthly returns and quarterly malaria reports as guided by the National Malaria Control Programme.
- Performs any other duties as delegated by the PMD.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBCHB) degrees or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health(MPH) is a must
- Current registration with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe.
- At least two years experience at a grade immediately below the grade of PEDCO
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 8 August 2022 to
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
Send application and resume to E-Mail: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (6)
Safety Health, Environment and Quality Superintendent on August 10, 2022 Full Time
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on August 1, 2022 Contract Full Time