- Post Date:February 11, 2022
- Views 322
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Agriculture
The Zimbabwe Farmers’ Union (ZFU) is the largest farmers’ interest organization in Zimbabwe. It represents over a million farming households. The Union draws its membership from Small- Holder, Small-Scale Commercial and Large-Scale Commercial farmers. The main mandate of ZFU is to promote and advance farmers’ interests and welfare through policy lobby and advocacy.
The Provincial Coordinator is a member of the ZFU Secretariat whose mandate is to implement ZFU’s Strategic plan at the provincial level. He / She maintains close contact with farmers ensuring that farmers receive member services that are relevant to their needs. He/she collaborates with key private and public partners in the agriculture sector to tailor make farmer services based on sustainable business models for the benefit of all.
- Facilitating Provincial Council Meetings;
- Facilitating Provincial Administration Meetings;
- Member Mobilisation;
- Organizing Provincial Commodity Association Meetings;
- Supporting District Coordinators in setting up Union structures in districts;
- Supervising Union Staff in the Province;
- Ensuring prudent management of ZFU assets in the province;
- Establishing linkages with all ZFU stakeholders including attending Provincial coordination meetings by government and donors;
- Identification possible areas for further Union intervention, including identifying potential projects and donors;
- Preparing consolidated Provincial reports for submission to Head Office;
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different ethnic backgrounds;
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication;
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behaviour towards others;
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution;
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge;
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making.
- Demonstrated development / programming skills particularly those that are pertinent to the Zimbabwe Farmers Union strategic priorities on gender equality and women’s rights;
- Ability to lead formulation and implementation of training programmes within the Unions;
- Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them for development results;
- Ability to establish and maintain broad strategic networks and partnerships with private and public entities to promote partnership and build alliances to advance organizational interests and competencies;
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- The Applicant should have a degree in Agriculture or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience working directly with farmers;
- In addition, the interested individuals must demonstrate an unquestionable personal reputation, integrity, and ethical behaviour throughout his or her professional career;
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite, in addition, applicants should also be fluent in either Shona or Ndebele languages;
- Fluency in both local languages is a plus.
Please ensure your email subject clearly reads the position being applied for.
Deadline: 14 February 2022