- Post Date:June 8, 2022
- Views 529
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Duty Station: Tongogara Refugee Camp, Chipinge District
Duration: 6 months
Purpose of position
To provide a variety of protection interventions including Child Protection and GBV casework, advocacy and awareness raising and psychosocial support services in Tongogara.
- Lead implementation of appropriate prevention and response services to protect women, girls, boys and men from all forms of abuse;
- Ensure that a functioning case management system is operational and responsive to the needs of refugees and other persons of concern;
- Develop and implement youth development programmes that improve adolescent protection, health, education, and economic empowerment outcomes;
- Lead in developing and conducting targeted protection assessments, care plans and home visits to survivors of abuse and individuals at risk of rights violation;
- Document all protection cases and update UNHCR’s and Government protection information data bases;
- Strengthen existing school and community-based child and adult led protection structures;
- Ensure that the camp-based protection referral mechanism is responsive and is linked with the overall district referral system;
- Provide age and gender appropriate psychosocial support mechanisms ensuring that relevant technical measures are implemented to track changes is socio-emotional wellbeing;
- Provide technical support to operationalize camp-based policies on accountability to affected persons encompassing appropriate safeguarding mechanisms;
- Monitor progress of care plans and agreements with the clients and amend where necessary;
- Participate in stakeholder coordination meetings and strengthen partnerships for multi-sectoral service provision to ensure adequate and timely provision of services;
- Ensure that protection is mainstreamed across all programming areas with clear indicators relevant to the sector;
- Produce reports whenever they are required and carry out, from time to time, additional duties commensurate with your grade as required.
The ideal candidate must
- Holds an MSc in Social Work with at least three years’ experience in Child Protection & GBV Case Management.
- A BSc with at least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience of working with Department of Social Department and implementing the National Case Management System;
- Prior experience of working with refugees and/or internally displaced persons is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of child protection, psycho-social support services and GBV prevention and response services and facilitating adolescent girl’s empowerment programmes.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Protection Officer” on the subject of the email.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 15 June 2022
Related Jobs (20)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022