Property Maintenance Supervisor
- Post Date:January 2, 2021
- Views 457
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Business Unit: Administration
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Finance and Administration Department
Vacancy Manager: Manager – Facilities and Procurement
Purpose of the job
The Property Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for property maintenance operations through initiating, performing & overseeing maintenance projects to ensure that building structures remain in good condition. The Property Maintenance Supervisor also assists the Facilities and Procurement Manager in the implementation of various policies, standards, procedures and programs relating to the overall maintenance and upkeep of properties.
Main Focus Areas
- Initiating, performing & overseeing maintenance projects – ultimately responsible for property maintenance issues, cleanliness and good condition of building structures.
- Provide expertise on construction and renovations works.
- Identifying and attending to reports on property maintenance faults and resolving the issues.
- Coordinate swift repairs of all reported faults and avoid unnecessary business disruptions.
- Investigate any damage to the Bank property, personal injuries of staff and the environmental effects of the building structures including property inspection, monitoring,
pollution and checking for possible dangers.
- Interviewing and hiring for all maintenance contract works and allocation of such works to reputable, preferred suppliers.
- Maintain all property equipment, including machinery, engines and safety equipment with regular inspection and compilation of monthly property condition reports.
- Monitor daily progress of reported property maintenance issues, building cleanliness, generator running performance and water tank depths levels.
- Adhere to stipulated budgets and procurement procedures on the purchasing of any equipment, office furniture, plumbing and electrical goods.
- Maintain full knowledge of property maintenance activities to be carried out and attend to any queries from all staff members and customers.
- Maintain property lease register, review expired leases and timely settle utility bills.
- Ensure all property drawings, title deeds, permits, licenses are in place.
- Provide updates on Local Real Estate Economic trends.
- Provide an on-site presence at all times to prevent the facility from being damaged or vandalized.
- Accountable for effective waste management (garbage/recycling/composting) and pest control.
- Maintain kitchen and equipment to standards compliant with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations (industry grade kitchen and dishwasher)
- Report any unsafe conditions or scenarios to management and work directly with them to follow through with a suitable solution.
- Carrying out minor repairs to property, fixtures, fittings and equipment, which are not beyond the scope of an unskilled handyman.
- Drawing the attention of the appropriate authorities, via the Facilities & Procurement Manager, to any repairs or maintenance work, which is beyond the competence and responsibility of the Caretaker.
- Directing workmen and contractors to the sites of repair and maintenance work and inspecting the work of contractors where there is a requirement to sign a satisfaction note.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Real Estate Management Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be assertive.
- Brilliant conflict resolution and decision-making skills are vital to the position.
- Highly analytical and attentive to detail.
- Able to interact with a wider stakeholder base amicably
- Sound planning and organising skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Deadline driven.
- Proactive, resilient and tenacious.
- Excellent Communication and Coaching Skills
- Have ability to lead a team
- Be responsible and reliable.
Job Related Knowledge
- Construction & Real Estate practical knowledge.
- Knowledge of policies, standards, procedures and programs relating to maintenance and upkeep of properties.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “Property Maintenance Supervisor”.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 05 January 2021 @ 1630hrs.