- Post Date:March 4, 2021
- Views 461
- Qualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Our client in the Mining industry is booking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Projects Engineer. The suitable candidate must demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
Position Content Summary
- Shall be responsible for the implementation of all Growth Projects within the company and covering all the related engineering aspects, i.e., Mechanical, Electrical and Civil engineering activities.
- He shall work closely with other Engineering Functions, Mining, Plant and Service Departments ensuring that their needs and wants are integrated into the design criteria of new installations.
- The incumbent shalt ensure a conducive working environment with relevant contractors ensuring timeously implementation of all projects and within the stipulated budget cost whilst abiding to the company’s zero harm safety standards.
- Planning the procurement of all protect materials and equipment including checking of quality control of manufacturing, fabrication and site erection of Works in line with appropriate Engineering Standards, Mines and Minerals Act, Zimbabwe Factory & Works Act, OHSAS & ISO 14000 requirements.
- Ensure generation and consolidation of all Growth capex budget over a five-year period on an annual basis.
- He shall cooperate and communicate effectively with his superior and other project participants to provide feedback, assistance and technical support during project executions.
- Track project performance and report progress to all stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis as well as generation of board reports on a quarterly basis.
- Conduct regular projects meetings with alt stakeholders in-line with the project matrix schedule.
- Preparing all tender specifications and coordinating the tender adjudication process.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bsc Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent, plus 5 years planning experience preferably in a mining or heavy industry environment.
- Experience in projects management in a multifaceted environment.
- Extensive experience in budgeting and budgetary control.
- Ability to initiate and promote the discipline of planning with other engineering/operational departments
- Exposure to OHSAS, ISO 14001 SHE standards
- Experience in working directly or indirectly with senior management.
- Extensive experience in mining projects management
- Hands on knowledge of computer based planning tools, e.g. MS Project and Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint,
- Innovative and assertive,
- Results driven individual with a high level of integrity is required
Deadline for application is 5 March 2021 (Late submissions will not be considered)
Website: www.headhunters.co.zw / Telephone: +263- 4- 252551-4 /
2nd Floor Gold Bridge,
Eastgate Shopping Mall,
Related Jobs (17)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time