Projects Engineer - Harare
- Post Date:November 26, 2021
- Views 287
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
Hotspeck Enterprises Pvt Ltd has two divisions namely the Pole Plant and the Contracting and Consulting. The Pole Plant specializes in the production of Transmission poles and allied timbers whilst the Contracting and Consulting implements grid and off-grid projects for customers that are able to pay 100% of the capital cost for their projects. The organization seeks to employ suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the vacant position of PROJECTS ENGINEER (1 POST) HARARE. Applicants should submit an application letter accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Market products and services to both existing and potential customers.
- Conduct scope assessments, feasibility visits, design. on-site verifications, testing and commissioning of power projects, solar systems and biogas digesters.
- Determine project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems.
- Develop route survey map and interpret ZETDC Network diagrammatic layout.
- Prepares quotations, project documents, implementation schedules and tender bidding documents,
- Plan and mobilize resources tor projects to ensure timeous project delivery.
- Respond to tender bids and implement projects according to specifications.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment at project site by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, plan and schedule changes and recommending actions.
- Control project costs and administering contractor contracts,
- Commission completed projects and carry out material audits and materials reconciliation at the end of each project.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of artisans, line gangs and contractors.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc BEng/BTech Degree in Electrical Engineering or HIND in Electrical Engineering and apprentice training
- 4 years working experience in power and an additional 2 years in renewable energy (solar and biogas) for degree candidates. OR 7 years experience in power and renewable energy for FIND candidates.
- Ability to create single- line diagrams and proficiency in AutoCAD is a must
- An in-depth knowledge of building electrical services, substation/distribution design, reticulation systems designs
- Knowledge of specialist packages such as SAP, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- Proven working experience in project management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of electrical safety standards is a must
- Clean Class 4 drivers licence a must.
- Marketing skills for identifying possible new projects and business opportunistic.
- Basic financial comprehension pertaining to budgets, estimations, cost control and reporting.
- Good understanding of principles of health, safety, environmental and quality at project sites.
- Excellent team relationship skills, working with integrity and respect.
- Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] or to the address indicated below
The General Manager
106 H. Chitepo Strect
P.O, Box 1648
The closing date will be the 6th of December 2021.
Related Jobs (15)
Site QA/QC Coordinator on December 6, 2021