Project Officer x2 (Buhera, Chimanimani/Chipinge)
- Post Date:June 25, 2021
- Views 743
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Job Title: Project Officer -Education/DRR x2
Location: Buhera, Chipinge/Chimanimani
Duration: 20 months
About the Project
World Vision will implement an anticipated Education in Emergencies and DRR action in Zimbabwe, to be funded by ECHO. World Vision and its partners (consortium) will support the strengthening of disaster preparedness, early response and access to inclusive education in protective environments in five disaster-prone districts of Zimbabwe.
Purpose of the Position
The Project Officer-Education/DRR is responsible for implementing project’s field level activities in the district of operation for the access to inclusive education of girls and boys in school (or out of school) in accordance with ECHO and World Vision standards and guidelines, the project goals and targets.
- Conduct mobilisation and sensitisation of the project during implementation.
- Identify specific needs of school community beneficiaries and participants, as guided by the project’s theory of change
- Develop district field based activity plans to inform project implementation, and budget requirement and management, as per project planning and review cycle.
- Implement project activities in accordance and adherence to laid out standards and procedures (work plans, and policies).
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Work with Ministry of Primary & Secondary Education (MoPSE) district staff and office and community structures in identifying activities that could improve children’s learning.
- Ensure functional community and school based systems that promote quality education access for girls and boys.
- Develop local systems and structure capacity for sustainability of project interventions in both Education in Emergencies (EiE) and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
Monitoring, Evaluation, Evidence & Learning
- Perform basic regular project monitoring, as per developed monitoring system for project.
- Maintain an accurate up-to-date field activity source of data at district level, as per implementation monitoring data collected.
- Use the monitoring information to guide activity plan development.
- Contribute to the development of M&E systems, tools and processes at district level.
- Contribute to the assessment, informing, and advising project on any district context changes and possible options to changing context.
- Produce quality and timely reports and updates as per specific request.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree in Education, Social Science or Development Studies degree acceptable.
- Experience in teaching, implementing Education in Emergencies projects, especially on improving numeracy and literacy is an advantage.
- Good understanding of numeracy and literacy issues and usage of learning assessment tools
- 3 years plus experience with NGO in community development especially disaster risk reduction in education.
- Stakeholder and community engagement skills, multi-tasking, ability to meet deadlines, interpersonal, team player, and self-driven competencies are essential.
- Willingness to stay most of the time in the posted district and ability to speak the local language.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s license.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28 June 2021
Related Jobs (7)
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021