Project Officer - SRHR
- Post Date:June 29, 2021
- Views 581
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A local NGO is seeking to recruit a candidate to fill the position of Project Officer to be based in Manicaland Province to implement project activities for the Access to Sexual Reproductive Health Services (SRHR) for Girls and Young Women Project in Manicaland Province.
The Project Officer is a community mobilizer whose position is central to the implementation of the activities in the communities. He/she observes the social context, collects information important for the strengthening of the communities, and speaks the local language. He/she supports the organization of the activities in the communities and mobilizes the community members for this purpose.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day running of the project;
- He/she is responsible for ensuring that high quality community based planned SRHR activities are carried out in the field – Mutare and Chipinge districts;
- Promotes innovation and learning on SRHR programming;
- Represents the project externally in the field of operation;
- Collects Project Data for sharing with the Project Coordinator and M and E Specialist;
- Helps prepare informative budgets and monitors project expenditure;
- Assists with project procurement management;
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to local district leadership;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Promotion, Public Health, Nursing, Social Work or relevant qualification in Social Sciences;
- At least 3 years professional experience working in the NGO sector with exposure in health programming at community level;
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Should be computer literate (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; Internet);
- Willingness to work in a rural environment;
- Excellent reporting skills with good oral and written communication skills;
- Must have a clean Class 4 driver’s license.
Interested candidates who meet the above specifications should apply via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email. The application must include an application letter and a current CV with full contact details of at least three (3) contactable referees.
Please, note that applications received outside the stated channel and deadline will be disqualified.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (22)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract