Project Officer, Rooted in Trust
- Post Date:September 8, 2021
- Views 411
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Rooted in Trust project works to combat COVID-19 rumors and misinformation in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Iraq, Zimbabwe, Colombia, Brazil, Mali, DRC, Sudan and South Sudan. We work to create impact at the local level and inform approaches to rumor management at the global level. The project is supported by a Global Technical Advisory team made up of media, humanitarian, data science and information management experts. In Phase 1 of the project, we collected more than 19 thousand rumors in 14 languages and supported more than 30 local trusted information providers. In this critical phase of the pandemic, we will build on these efforts to listen and respond to the information challenges faced by vulnerable groups in humanitarian contexts, encouraging open dialogue between citizens and scientists and stronger and more collaborative partnerships between information providers (such as local media) and humanitarian and health sources.
About the opportunity
The Project Officer (PO) provides support to the Project Manager to ensure systems and processes are put into place to support the smooth implementation of activities. This is a wide-reaching support role that will provide support to all aspects of the project, including research activities and project reporting, and leading Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the team.
This is a remote-first position. The ideal candidate is based in Zimbabwe. You must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive changes in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Work closely with the Project Manager to fomrulate and implement project strategy in a fluid environment;
- Collaborate with the global Monitoring and Evaluation team to track project activities, successes, and challenges in Zimbabwe;
- Draft regular reporting to Internews, funders, and other stakeholders as required;
- Support the daily activities of the field staff, potentially remotely, including those of the Community Engagement and Accountability Officer, Content Creator, Information Management Officer, and Data Analyst;
- Identify opportunities for program develompent and expansion; contribute to the evolution of the project methodology;
- Assist in the design of a comprehensive onboarding process for new partners, including sessions to orient them with project methodology, stems, and work platforms;
- Support training and onboarding for team members, new hires, and partners;
- Support data gathering and analysis throughout the project by Internews and subgrantees;
- Prepare correspondence and reports from meetings, conferences, and discussion panels;
- Support compilation of compliance reports while ensuring others meet their reporting obligations and timelines;
- Procure equipment needed to support program operations;
- Additional activities as mutually agreed with Project Manager; and
- In all duties, an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Action, Sociology, Media and Communications or a related field
- Five years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a Monitoring and Evaluation role
- Excellent organizational, information and project management skills
- Strong writing skills and experience contributing to donor reporting under tight deadlines
- Basic graphic design skills
- Team-building skills and the ability to support a diverse staff in a challenging and highly fluid environment; experience with remote management highly prioritized
- Proven experience creating risk communication materials for at-risk communities
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts and/or working in challenging environments, with a strong understanding of how to work wiht local authorities, international agencies like the UN, international NGOs, and local organizations and community representatives
- A self-starter and proactive problem-solver who enjoys communication and collaboration in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in spoken Ndebele and Shona an added advantage
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, good humored and flexible
- Awareness of, and familarity with, the issues and dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic in Zimbabwe and/or other health crises in humanitarian contexts a strong asset, but not required
- Understanding of the Zimbabwe media operating environment is preferred
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Deadline: 17 September 2021
Related Jobs (57)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (D,M&E) Coordinator -Education on October 25, 2021 Contract