Project Officer – Peace Building
- Post Date:February 14, 2021
- Views 483
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A national Faith Based Organisation involved in development, advocacy and humanitarian work seeks to fill vacancies that have arisen for various projects. The projects are based in Masvingo, Manicaland, Midlands, Bulawayo and Harare for coordination and logistics purposes.
Purpose of the position
The Project Officer- Peace Building will be responsible for implementation of peace building projects.
Strategic and Programme Development:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the peace building & conflict sensitivity Project;
- Contribute to discussions on thematic issues particularly on peace building and conflict resolution;
- Contribute to further develop, and deepen understanding of peace building and conflict sensitivity thematic issues and approaches.
- Support planning, development and implementation of the peace building and conflict sensitivity project;
- Carry out project beneficiary identification through a consultative community process;
- Organize and facilitate dialogue meetings, workshops and forums with government representatives, civil society and communities in efforts to prevent violent conflict and promote cooperative approaches to peace, security and conflict resolution.
Monitoring, Documentation, Communications and reporting:
- Ensure that at all times the project target achievement is in line with the planned log frame milestones and the budget burn rate is up to date with the planned cash flow.
- Work with the communication staff to design appropriate mobilization and sensitization messages for the target population;
- Develop appropriate publicity materials like stories, photos and case studies to the media team;
- Document community and stakeholders’ feedback and share with relevant stakeholders for appropriate action;
- Develop project implementation tools including implementation manual, weekly/monthly work plans as may be necessary;
- Ensure timely submission of timely project reports as per donor requirements.
- Conduct timely documentation of project progress through case studies, stories, photos, videos, among others;
- Preparation of technical reports for donors.
Coordination and Networking:
- Represent organisation at relevant functions as may be requested by the Supervisor.
Desired qualifications, technical skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Peace building security and governance, International relations or related fields;
- Minimum of at least for three years’ experience in working on peace building project, governance issues with civil society;
- Experience in projects planning, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning;
- Knowledge of the key issues and trends in Peace building and conflict resolution;
- Ability to work independently as a part of a team to implement the project;
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
All applications, with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, scanned certificates and letter from learning institution and recommendation letter from your church leader should be sent via email to [email protected]
Subject of the email should clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18 February 2021 (4pm)