Project Officer (NFIs)
- Post Date:April 7, 2021
- Views 349
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Base Station: Bulawayo
Type of contract: Fixed Term contract
Zimbabwe Project Trust (ZimPro) seeks to recruit a Project staff Officer (PO) who will be responsible for implementing a humanitarian project entitled “Restoration and Enhancement of Community Climate Resilience & Productivity in Matabeleland Provinces” under its two thematic pillars of Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture; and Sustainable and Diversified Livelihoods. ZimPro is anticipating growth in its programming that will necessitate the recruitment of additional project staff. This advert is placed conditionally, as recruitment is subject to availability of funding.
The Overall Purpose of the Job
- Carryout beneficiary registration, verification and selection based on agreed criteria;
- Generate beneficiary database and registers that are updated regularly in collaboration with key strategic partners aimed at minimizing exclusion errors and double dipping;
- Mobilizing communities so that they are able to implement project activities as outlined in the project proposal;
- To implement a donor funded Food and Sustainable Agriculture Project to a high standard in line with donor and organizational expectations;
- Coordinate distribution of Non Food Items (NFIs) to beneficiaries all field activities under this project by providing technical support to the project participants;
- Ensure that all the cross cutting issues i.e. gender, environment, HIV/Aids and civic education, protection and DRM are mainstreamed in all the project activities;
- Liaising with strategic linkages/networks of the organization and participating at forums that strengthen collaboration and coordination;
- Collect project information from operating areas, feeding into the results monitoring system of the organization;
- Assist in the procurement of project inputs based on approved specifications and bills of quantities;
- Prepare quality project progress reports on time and submit the same to the supervisor.
- Degree in Social Sciences such as Social work, Development studies, Sociology, etc.);
- A financial background will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, implementing a donor funded project;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent English and Ndebele essential;
- Team player and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with Project Management Cycle;
- Highly computer literate, especially in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power point;
- Clean class 5 and 4 drivers’ license.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested, send us your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable references. Ensure that your application is clearly marked with the position applied for in the application heading. Send to [email protected]
We also require successful candidates to submit police clearances.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We believe in equal employment opportunity.
Deadline: 20 April 2021