Project Officer (ISAL)
- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Views 622
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Project Officer – will be responsible for facilitating formation and training of ISAL groups. S/he will develop linkages of the groups with other interventions to enhance economic development. The Project Officer will work closely with the Program Manager – to implement program activities aimed at mobilizing communities to form and participate in ISAL and Economic Recovery and Market Systems activities.
Responsibility 1-Key Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the BHA UPLIFT ISAL strategy.
- Design and implement context specific and sustainable ISAL activities in Mbare
- Identifies and capacitates existing groups on Income generating activities.
- Trains new groups on VS&L and conducts community capacity building, such as training of committees, Cluster facilitators and individuals on the ISAL methodology, including constitution making, group dynamics and conflict resolution.
- Train ISAL groups in financial literacy and technical areas in support of their income generating activities.
- Facilitates and trains ISAL groups in value addition and market linkages.
- Trains ISAL individuals with small enterprises on business development services
- Sensitizes ISAL groups towards behaviour change on decision making, power relations and other gender related issues affecting health and nutrition.
- Monitors ISAL groups and conducts verification and follow-ups and provides required technical assistance on selected value chain development.
- Ensure integration of industry best practices. Document lessons learned to inform GOAL’s future programming.
- Monitors and keeps track of group savings activities and data.
- Participates in data collection, e.g., administers questionnaires, collects statistics relevant to the project and analyses group data.
- Regularly analyse food security and markets situation and prevailing trends; and provide constructive feedback.
- Work with the Protection & Livelihood Officers to mainstream gender in ISAL activities and promote equality, women empowerment, and male participation.
- Work with ISAL groups and assist them to save towards predetermined objectives.
- Promote use of mobile money systems for conducting business transactions and saving.
- Facilitates learning visits and discussions between ISAL groups for cross fertilization of ideas and sharing of experiences.
- Provide content for donor and internal reporting.
- Represent GOAL at local level coordination meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Technical & Functional skills
- Degree in Agricultural Economics/ Entrepreneurship /Developmental Studies/Business Studies or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in the same/similar role in another organization or association.
- Experience in working with women, children, specific needs groups and in an urban setting.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly with working with spreadsheets.
- Prior experience working with cash programming.
- Good organizational skills and capacity to work independently, if necessary and/or required.
- Integrity, professionalism and expertise in processing reports and questionnaires.
- Ability to understand the cultural context of the community, local language, and use that culture as an input for community mobilization.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum or no supervisions.
- Adaptability &Flexibility
- Accountability & Dependability
- Attention to Detail
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
- Ethics & Integrity
- Influencing Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
Related Jobs (34)
Site QA/QC Coordinator on December 6, 2021
Broadcast Content Monitoring & Compliance Assistant on December 6, 2021 Full Time