Project Officer Inclusive Eye Health
- Post Date:June 6, 2022
- Views 240
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Zimbabwe is an International disability inclusive development NGO which works in co-operation with local partners in complementing government’s development agenda. Inclusive recruitment of staff is a priority for the organisation which seeks to promote meaningful inclusion of persons with disabilities in all aspects of our work. The organization seeks to recruit a Project Assistant to support the programmes department within CBM International Zimbabwe Country Office.
- Supports the Programme Officer in Leading the Inclusive Eye Health Department in the Country Office;
- Work Closely with the Ministry of Health and Child Care and other stakeholders in coordinating and supporting Inclusive Eye Health Projects;
- Carry out administrative duties within the Inclusive Eye Health Programme, including procurement of equipment, consumables and other items;
- Assist in managing resources in the Inclusive Eye Health Portfolio in line with the partner budgets and work plans;
- Support partner organisations and the Ministry of Health and Child Care to provide Inclusive Eye Health Services;
- Contribute to the development of concept papers and project proposals;
- Support the co-ordination of partner and other departments to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Support programme priorities, (cataract surgeries, refractive errors, glaucoma, ow vision services,) including capacity building on disability inclusion;
- Support the implementation of programme quality framework and collection of disability disaggregated data;
- Support promotion of the engagement of Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs)in programme planning, monitoring and implementation;
- Advocate for disability inclusive approaches among project partners and stakeholders involved in community development;
- Review project reports (narrative, financial and statistical) submitted by partners;
- Support partners to facilitate project implementation as planes, ad make timely and necessary mid-course adjustments on active budgets;
- Conduct partner assessment for CBM potential partners;
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the Programme Officer.
Desired qualifications skills and competencies
- Degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, eye health, Development studies, Social Studies or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years of work experience in public health/eye health sector and project management;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project management with international oganisations;
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Power point);
- Solid training and facilitation skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results in the field of disability inclusion;
- Strong knowledge on safeguarding of Children and adults – at-risk
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s code of conduct and Safe Guarding Policy. In this regard reference checks and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearance on child related offenses in conformity with CBM safeguarding policy. CBM encourages qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Submit your Curriculum Vitae and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Project Officer” on the subject of the email. Indicate expected salary in the application letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 June 2022
Related Jobs (20)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022