Project Officer Inclusive Eye Health
- Post Date:February 4, 2022
- Views 297
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Location: Zimbabwe Office
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 06 February 2022
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Specific Hours: 35 hour per week
Sightsavers is excited to be offering the opportunity to join the Zimbabwe office as a Project Officer for Inclusive Eye Health, who will be responsible for managing the daily activities and execution of programmes working closely with Ministry of Health and Child Care and other stakeholders in coordinating and supporting quality Inclusive Eye Health projects and to enhance the quality of the Sightsavers programmes.
As the Project Officer you will implement project activities across all 7 districts of Matabeleand North and will coordinate Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) as well as delivery of programme objectives and targets.
Working closely with the Senior Programme Officer you will manage relationship with various partners – Ministry of Health and Child Care, communities and Disabled Persons Organisations (DPOs), and collaborate with other staff and partners to identify areas for project growth and assist in identifying and developing new initiatives.
Further key duties and accountabilities include:
- Support all Sightsavers supported eye health activities by providing effective management and coordination to the project to ensure the delivery of set targets.
- Coordinate the preparation of activity related reports as well as quarterly and annual reports to Sightsavers / donors as may be required.
- Provide support to OPD groups and steering committee during targeted outreach activities and monitoring visits to project facilities.
- Support in reviewing the evidence provided by partners for the delivery of activities and ensure proper reporting system and records are kept in place.
- The position will be responsible for guiding the overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Strategy and use of M&E methodology necessary for attaining the project goals.
- Represent the Snr Programme Officer at various meetings and discussions at relevant government Ministries and other agencies.
- Coordinate the design and conduct of patient satisfaction studies to assess the quality of services provided at project facilities.
As the successful candidate you will hold a degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, Social Sciences, or related disciplines (with a post-graduate degree will being an advantage). You will have extensive experience in programme/project management, ideally within an INGO setting, possess technical knowledge of Eye Health in Zimbabwe or at least public health, understand Disability Inclusive Development, have experience of monitoring and evaluation, research and advocacy, and be fluent in written and spoken English, with Ndebele being an added advantage.
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: 6 February 2022
Interview dates: Week commencing 14 February 2022
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application in English via our recruitment portal HERE. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.