Project Officer, (Based in Matopo)
- Post Date:January 13, 2021
- Views 403
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
The Forum for African Women Educationalists – Zimbabwe Chapter (FAWEZI) is one of the 33 National Chapters in Africa affiliated to the FAWE Africa network. FAWE is a Pan-African non-governmental organization founded in 1992 and based in Nairobi, Kenya. FAWEZI is a Private Voluntary Organization whose vision is that of a nation where gender disparities in education are significantly reduced, with more girls having access to education, completing their studies, and performing well at all levels. FAWEZI is committed to creating positive societal attitudes that reinforce and influence educational policies in order to promote gender equity in schools, at district, provincial and national levels through advocacy, lobbying, and networking with all relevant stakeholders.
The Project Officer will be in charge of ensuring the effective planning and implementation of project activities in the Matopo District.
Carry out Project Officer duties that are actually on the ground implementation under direct supervision by the Programmes Officer. The other duties will include:
- Overall implementation of the activities (planning, coordinating actual execution) under the 6-month performance period, meeting all the milestones as per work plan, carrying out all administrative processes related to the project in line with requirements in the Grant Agreement, the organisations Standard Operating Procedures and all requirements for reporting and keeping all records, attend all-district, provincial and local level meetings, produce reports as per Work plan: final narrative report, stakeholder meeting reports, all activity and training reports, report on lessons learned, report on success stories, reports required by local authorities and reports to feed into the organization reports to the National Executive Committee.
- Facilitate project links between the organisation and other development agencies, CSOs, and stakeholders operating in the same geographic areas of operation and the same project focus;
- Ensure compliance with organizational mission, vision, and goals; Ensure effective and ongoing monitoring of project progress and performance and promote learning and accountability;
- Ensure adherence to M&E and other funder compliance requirements; Develop and implement M&E plans and tools in collaboration with organizational results framework;
- Prepare narrative donor reports as per grant agreement, prepare annual and quarterly reports related to project;
Qualifications, skills, and experience required
- BSc degree in Development Studies or any Social Science with a reputable university.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role, experience working in primary and secondary education programming,
- Knowledge of education in emergencies programming, including alternative education;
- Experience in the implementation of Adolescents Sexual Reproductive Health and Gender-Based Violence in and out of schools;
- Demonstrate knowledge in project implementation, community mobilization, working with Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education and local authorities;
- Ability to generate quality monthly narrative reports;
- Strong networking skills;
- Strong work ethic and ability to be flexible and work under pressure;
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word, excel and PowerPoint;
- Good background knowledge of NGO and Government policy and operations;
- The candidate should be honest, a team player, be able to take the initiative when necessary;
- Ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities that the organisation should exploit;
- Good interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills;
- Excellent public relations and ability to network;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
The applicant should:
- Be able to communicate in Ndebele;
- Be innovative and able to think outside the box;
- Have a strong interest in girl’s education;
- Have an excellent command of English: spoken and written; R
- eady to work outside office hours;
- Be resident in Matopo
- Six months with a possibility of extension.
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications should submit their application letters, CVs (max 3 pages) with contactable referees to:
Clearly marked Project Officer – Matopo in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Female candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 January 2021