- Post Date:November 14, 2021
- Views 496
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The organisation seeks to recruit a Project Officer who will coordinate and oversee the implementation of a project on citizen engagement in 10 districts of the country. The officer will oversee the effective and efficient implementation of project activities. He / She will report directly to the Programmes Manager while collaborating with teams across the 10 districts.
- The Project Officer will work closely with the Programmes Manager in developing annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly work plans and budgets;
- Provide technical support and timely implementation of the project activities and ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits /range;
- Work closely with subgrantees to ensure that they are implementing activities in time and within budget;
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Coordinate meetings and prepare minutes relating to the project;
- Foster partnerships with the key stakeholders to promote collaboration and close working relationships;
- Work closely with M&E officer in monitoring and evaluating project activities.
Qualifications & experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Development Studies, Law, Human Rights, Peace and Governance;
- Masters in any of the areas is an added advantage;
- Three years’ experience in overseeing implementation of citizen engagement and human rights projects;
- Experience working with subgrantees and grassroots coalitions and networks;
- Highly flexible and organized, able to coordinate state and non-state actors for effective support and implementation of program intervention;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in working with partnerships, including government departments, civil society, donors, and local community’s structures;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision.
Interested individuals are required to submit an application letter and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable references. Please send the CV and application letter to [email protected] specifying ‘Project Officer’ in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16 November 2021
Related Jobs (31)
2 x Projects Coordinator (Midlands Province & Matebeleland North) on December 5, 2021 Full Time
Human Resource and Administration Officer (Matebeleland South Province) on December 5, 2021 Full Time