- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 478
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Report to: Project Manager
Duration: 4 months
Terre des hommes Italia in Zimbabwe (TDH) is supporting the Ministry of Local Government and Public Works under the Partnership for Building Urban Resilience – Safe Markets for the City of Mutare. Under this urban resilience initiative, TDH is seeking a Project Officer to lead implementation of the Vocational and Artisanal Training program collaborating with a private sector infrastructure development company. The initiative contributes towards ensuring that Growth and development are inclusive and sustainable incorporating productive capacities that create employment and livelihoods for the poor and excluded.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Act as a program focal person collaborating with the City of Mutare, Government Agencies, supporting private sector partners, training institutions and the Sakubva community and other cooperating partners under the initiative working in the city;
- Facilitate program inception meetings with the City of Mutare with all stakeholders;
- Facilitate rapid assessment of economic opportunities linked to the main activity- Urban Renewal of Sakubva Township to become a Smart City;
- Engage with identified partner construction companies to develop a training and certification program of artisans;
- Facilitate selection of youth artisans based on agreed trades;
- Develop a youth business mentorship program resulting in viable start-ups;
- Support artisans in developing service-oriented businesses or entrepreneurship models that readily provide service to the wider Sakubva Urban Renewal program’s construction, spatial planning and urban agriculture related initiatives;
- Organise and facilitate monitoring visits for officials from the Ministry of Local Government and public works;
- Promote TDH’s core values in Child protection and youth development.
- Experience in facilitating vocational training, youth experiential learning, national trader test certification processes;
- Proficient in needs assessments, participatory market systems development, private sector engagement;
- Experience in urban planning, city by-laws, resilient cities initiatives and national policy agenda on urban renewal;
- Skilled in developing business plans/ business canvas models for urban livelihood contexts;
- Understands urban vulnerability dynamics across different gender groups;
- Working experience of implementing cash transfer programs, micro-finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning /Business Studies /Economics.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- At least three years’ experience of implementing programs aiming to address urban poverty and or urban planning;
- Class 4 drivers’ licence and proficient in Microsoft office applications.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Project Officer” on the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please note the post can be filled before the deadline
Deadline: 23 August 2021
Related Jobs (84)
Governance and Internal Control Review Consultancy on September 17, 2021 Consultancy