Project Midterm Evaluation
- Post Date:June 29, 2021
- Views 339
- Career Level ConsultantQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
We Effect and partners; ZADF, Dairy Services, ZIDIT and ZFU are implementing an Action known as the Transforming Zimbabwe’s Dairy Value Chain for the Future (TranZDVC) aimed at addressing the root causes of underperformance in the Dairy Value Chain (DVC) in Zimbabwe by strengthening the linkages between production, processing, and financing. The Action is a national project supported by the European Commission under the auspices of Zimbabwe Agricultural Growth Programme (ZAGP) and implemented in Zimbabwe through dairy sector actors.
The project is seeking the services of a Consultant to comprehensively conduct a Midterm Review for the Action focusing on the Dairy Value Chain, which findings shall be used in understanding the progress on and assessing results of the project output and outcomes at midline. The Midterm Review report will also inform and set an approach for the acceleration plan on existing gaps as well as suggesting ways to improve programming for the remainder of the project lifespan.
The Consultant will further provide the roadmap to advance the project’s contribution to achieving the desired impact of increased domestic milk production, ultimately reducing importation of milk. The Consultant will establish relevance of the project’s operation context, learning and operational needs, as well as requirements by the funding partner (EU)
The Consultant will be expected to carry out and deliver on the following tasks:
- Review project documents including existing indicators and monitoring tools being used by dairy sector actors, as well as the log frame for the action;
- Establish the relevance and adequacy of current sources of data and information on Economic, Social, and Environmental sustainability performance indicators;
- Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) changes within the Value Chain will be important to capture;
- Develop field protocols in view of Covid-19 prevention measures;
- Set up Key Informant (KI) meetings with key Dairy Sector stakeholders; Conduct field interviews and FGDs;
- Develop a draft report for presentation to the Dairy Sector Players;
- Organise a validation workshop in consideration of Covid-19 protocols to present findings to the Dairy Actors and Stakeholders toward the development of a Final Report;
- Submit a Comprehensive Final Report.
Terms of reference
Please find the detailed terms of reference for this opportunity here: https://www.dropbox.com/…/Terms%20of%20Reference…
The Consultant should have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture Economics/Development Studies/Statistics/Monitoring and Evaluation or other Social Sciences equivalent;
- Design and delivery of robust, relevant, and timely evaluation strategies and reviews of development interventions using qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Expertise and experience of designing and applying robust and appropriate Performance Monitoring and Results Frameworks (including expertise and experience in testing and data collection/analysis);
- Monitoring and evaluation of large, complex, long term projects;
- Generating data (including packaging) to demonstrate project effects for different segments of the population;
- Experience of reviews and monitoring and evaluations of the dairy sector in Zimbabwe and demonstrate understanding of dairy issues in the country;
- Using stakeholder workshops (in light of Covid-19 protocols) as a tool for a consultative process and generating new knowledge;
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
* Academic Institutions are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted service providers will be contacted for a more detailed assessment.
Deadline: 6 July 2021 (COB)
Related Jobs (25)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract