Project Manager - LINKAGES Project
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 498
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Project Manager – LINKAGES Project
Reporting to the Program Area Manager and Child Rights, Protection and Safeguarding Technical Lead, the Project Manager will act as the key focal point for the LINKAGES project that will be implemented in selected urban locations in Harare and Bulawayo.
Operations and program management
- Overall responsibility for the effective management and implementation of the “LINKAGES” project in Harare and Bulawayo in accordance with set procedures, systems and guidelines.
- Work with partners GOAL and Musasa to establish static and mobile child and adolescent friendly spaces complimented by integrated, inclusive, age and gender appropriate protection and nutrition activities.
- Monitor expenses against the approved budget ensuring timely utilization of funds and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place and that project reviews are carried out periodically in partnership with GOAL, Musasa and grassroots structures.
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring the project is compliant with these and Plan procedures.
- Ensure that Plan complies with all legal and administrative requirements in country.
- Maintain good inter-team communications, good team dynamics and take suitable action when problems occur.
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of project activities as appropriate (e.g. donor, government authorities etc.).
- Ensures the provision of comprehensive case management services for households in the targeted locations
- Networks with protection agencies ensuring that households are able to access services along the continuum of care
- Provide technical support to Case Workers to enable effective and efficient management of established Safe Spaces.
- Provide leadership to the project for effective engagement with government and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring the project is compliant with these and Plan procedures.
- Appropriate administrative, financial and logistical Plan systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for the preparation of projected expenditures quarterly.
- Overall responsibility of the project financial management in line with approved project proposal.
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A degree in Social Sciences with strong field experience working within the protection sector.
- A minimum of 5 years community development exposure coordinating development programs, case management and implementing partners at a supervisor level
- Ability to work with teams, communicate and coordinate with government departments and other agencies at various levels.
- Experience in liaising with donors, government officials, other NGOs, and ECHO
- Experience in financial, budget and administrative management or related issues
- Knowledge of linkages of protection and nutrition issues
- Focused and results-oriented
- Excellent networking and partnership-building skills
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Strong leadership, team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially vulnerable children
- Ability to develop, motivate and coach and mentor others
- Promotes high quality disability inclusive programming
- Communicates clearly and effectively on disability issues
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitiveness
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and develop agency to change their own lives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 27 May 2021
Related Jobs (7)
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021