- Post Date:September 8, 2021
- Views 392
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Beitbridge, Bulilima, Makoni and Mwenezi districts
Duration: 12 months contract with possible extension based on performance
Key skills: Project Management; EU projects implementation; Administration; 10 years of experience; private sector engagement; value chains development in agriculture
Cesvi is a non-governmental, international humanitarian organization which is working in 23 countries throughout the world. Cesvi is dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of poverty in the world’s poorest countries through the mobilization and active participation of the recipients of aid. Cesvi has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1998 in three key areas: Environment and agriculture, Health and the Social sector. Cesvi’s activities in the agriculture sectors revolve mainly around support to rural communities to transform traditional practices shifting from subsistence farming to commercial agriculture. Cesvi has gained a strong experience in the Southern part of Zimbabwe (firstly in Beitbridge district then exporting the same approach to Mwenezi) in upgrading the existing irrigation infrastructure and linking the rejuvenated productive asset to more vital commercial production.
In partnership with 4 private sector operators, the current project, funded by the European Union, aims at promoting exports of oranges and paprika and exploring the potential of saffron through the promotion of good agricultural practices, the strengthening of business supporting organizations and the upgrade of local expertise.
The project started in February 2020, will last for 42 months, and is targeting Beitbridge, Bulilima, Makoni and Mwenezi districts of Zimbabwe with a focus on national stakeholders in Harare.
The project aims at the achievement of the following results:
- Reinforcing production and export performance for targeted SME value chains;
- Improving service delivery for targeted Business Support Organizations
The collaboration will tentatively start on 1st October 2021. The main duty station will be confirmed at a later stage. It could be Harare or Beitbridge, according to the project’s needs, with regular travel to the other project’s districts. The position is open to Zimbabwean nationals ONLY and/or candidates that possess the legal permission to regularly work in Zimbabwe.
The Project Manager will take a leading responsibility for the delivery of the programme in terms of overall planning, implementation and reporting. S/he will ensure that the project is gender responsive and integrates gender in all action areas. S/he will ensure that the necessary inputs for implementing actions are delivered in a timely manner.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provide overall technical, managerial oversight and leadership for the project;
- Manage project cycles (planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting);
- Oversee recruitment, provide technical guidance, coordinate, train and motivate the project team;
- Oversee the hiring, manage subcontracts and consultants including providing technical guidance;
- Oversee the delivery of the project results and measures in accordance with the approved log frame and time schedules;
- Provide Strategic Leadership and programme development;
- Ensure efficient management of financial resources, including the review and approval of program budgets and monitoring expenditures;
- Oversee field operations, project administration, logistics and procurement;
- Supervise program monitoring & evaluation (M&E), reporting and ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required by the grant and donors, in close collaboration with the M&E of the consortium;
- Ensure full compliance with all Cesvi, EU, and other fiduciary regulations;
- Serve as the principal liaison with the Government of Zimbabwe, Cesvi, other donors, project partners, private sector and stakeholders to ensure effective program implementation and build lasting relationships;
- Ensure the development of good quality strategic annual plans, including the development and regular monitoring of programme and project work plans;
- Ensure strong links between communications/knowledge management, programme coordination and delivery;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- University degree in agriculture, horticulture, development studies or similar field, or development work equivalent;
- At least 10 years’ work experience with at least 5 years in senior level leadership positions;
- Strong skills and experience in programme/project development and management encompassing budgets, financial management, contracts management, fund mobilization, donor and stakeholders’ relations, knowledge management, M&E, project design, risk analysis and mitigation, reporting, quality assurance, technical advice,oversight and managing performance of programme staff;
- Solid experience in management of a team; Ability to produce high quality reports;
- Proven experience in working with government institutions, coaching and mentoring of other teams;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in results-based management;
- Experience of private sector engagement and rural communities’ market-linkage;
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in managing development projects that mainstream gender;
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects with rigorous timelines and deliverables and to track program quality through donor-approved monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and local and international staff;
- High and proven level of flexibility and adaptability;
- Previous knowledge of effective EU projects’ financial and budgetary planning and control, rules and regulation;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent command of English and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Transparency: Able to build trust and contribute to informed and responsible decision making by carrying out the work of Cesvi in a transparent manner; provides clear guidance to ensure that objectives and desired measurable results are understood by members of the team;
- Inclusiveness: Understands and accepts cultural diversity, and provide a tolerant, positive and supportive working environment that fosters respect for diversity, demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
- Professionalism: Promote the organization’s interests, objectives and values in a diligent and professional manner;
- Accountability: Takes responsibility of individual and collective actions, promotes the Cesvi vision and mission.
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently;
- Ability to respond to requests on short notice and simultaneously plan and execute several activities;
- Proven experience hiring, training, and supervising teams of staff;
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills, with the ability to build and motivate diverse teams;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Committed to continuous learning and proactive and mature attitude towards self-development;
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Master degree in relevant discipline;
- Prior experience in the target districts (Beitbridge, Bulilima, Makoni and Mwenezi);
- Experience in export market and Value Chain development
The Project Manager will work on a 12 months contract with an initial 3-month probation period.
Interested suitably qualified and experienced persons should submit their applications with CV (maximum 4 pages), inclusive of at least 3 references, and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) as a single PDF file via Cesvi email address: [email protected]
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners. Short listed candidates will be requested to submit police clearance certificate.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records check or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Please note: Due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Deadline: 15 September 2021
Related Jobs (63)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Translate WALPE’s Training Manual on Transformative Feminist Leadership on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Review the Training Module on Transformative Feminist Leadership on October 25, 2021 Consultancy