- Post Date:April 25, 2021
- Views 842
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Duration: 5 Years
A consortium of organizations working on various specialized aspects of the media sector in Zimbabwe, including investigative journalism, research based advocacy, policy think tanking, internet governance, online literacy, media regulatory frameworks, community broadcasting and publishing among other components is seeking the services of three senior project staff to manage a five (5) year project, Strengthening Media for Accountability in Zimbabwe (SMAZ) scheduled to start on the 1st of August 2021.
The aforementioned project has two pronged objective of inculcating a culture of accountability by enhancing the capacity of the media to hold powerful state and non-state actors accountable for their acts and omissions and to strengthen citizens in public life by improving citizens’ access to timely and reliable information.
Being a project that a consortium is seeking to implement, the successful candidates will report to a project steering committee, notwithstanding the overall project management as key staff of the project as outlined in the below terms of reference (TORs). The full management and implementation structure of the project will be discussed with successful candidates.
- The Grants and Project Manager’s role would be to assist the Chief of Party in carrying out project management activities, particularly in playing an oversight role on the implementation of the project.
- S/he will be responsible for the consolidation of activity reports from consortium members and project implementing partners and packaging these reports.
- The Grants and Project Manager will be responsible for the documentation of the project success stories and ensuring that these accounts of success are recorded and disseminated widely.
- S/he will assist the COP in periodic assessments of the media environment and actively involved in the life of the project.
- The Project Manager should have at least an advanced degree with experience in coordinating projects with multi-stakeholders.
- S/he should have knowledge of the media sector in Zimbabwe and an appreciation of the operations thereof.
- The applicant should have served in project management for at least five years and has been involved in developing monitoring tools, packaging information and innovative use of technology.
Applications should be addressed to the Steering Committee of the Consortium and can be submitted at [email protected]
The aforementioned positions are dependent on submission and awarding of the SMAZ project that will be funded by the US Aid.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 April 2021
Related Jobs (11)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract