Project Logistics Manager - Beitbridge
- Post Date:August 27, 2021
- Views 325
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Belgium is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistics and administrative staff – most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics, bearing witness and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. Objective of the Post – Beitbridge Migration project provides medical assistance to migrant population in Beitbridge (migrants in transit / deportees from South Africa).
The position is responsible for strategizing, planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project in collaboration with the Project Coordinator, mirrored by the Regional Logistics Support.
Accountable for overall Project Logistics Objectives –
- Responsible for designing and implementing logistic strategies for all technical families to meet the operational needs, ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures;
- Participate actively in the definition and update of annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly project planning and budgets and the emergency preparation plan as a technical resource person;
- Design and implement WASH activities (including infection prevention & control) in the project as per the needs.
- Conduct routine and emergency WASH assessments in collaboration with project medical teams to identify needs and making recommendations for response programmes;
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring the technical aspects of the validated risk reduction policy regarding transport, communication, and protection of MSF properties;
- Take part in reviewing the project security plan and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitor a daily basis the security rules and reporting to the project coordinator;
- Responsible for ensuring the proper use and maintenance of IT (computers, radios, phones, software, backups, etc.) and communication tools as well as the communication means in the project;
- Lead all human resources and administrative processes for Logistics staff, including organising, supervision, performance management, staff development, grievance and discipline management in line with MSF values and behavioral commitments;
- Ability to effectively work in a diverse multicultural team and multi-tasking, with humanitarian agility.
- Essential Logistics / Technical / Engineering degree or Advanced Technical Diploma with extensive logistics experience;
- Membership of a reputable Logistics Management institution is an asset;
- Essential working experience of at least two years in a Logistics managerial position;
- Experience working in the medical humanitarian field, with international NGO in an inter-cultural context;
- Mature, collaborative leader with excellent organizational skills, capable of establishing priorities and follow-up plans;
- Progressive management and leadership experience including budget management;
- Ability to autonomously lead team with strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills;
- Strong command of English and local languages, both written and spoken;
- Essential computer literacy-MS package;
- Flexible with a good team working spirit.
Interested, qualified and experienced candidates meeting the above criteria (available to start immediately) should forward their detailed CVs & motivation letter to:
The Project Coordinator
1715 Impala Extension,
Or email to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that MSF-Belgium, Zimbabwe Mission does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf. No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection and placement process. Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates.
Deadline: 3 September 2021