Project Finance Assistant
- Post Date:February 8, 2022
- Views 563
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Parent Sector : Social and Human Sciences Sector (SHS)
Duty Station: Harare
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : [[SB2]]
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 11/02/2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
ELIGIBILITY: ONLY NATIONALS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ZIMBABWE ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent is involved in the completion of standard administrative support activities and processes as per UNESCO Rules and Regulations. As a team member, the incumbent provides administrative support services for the EU-funded Spotlight Initiative Programme, that is, processing transactions, control and maintenance of accounts and databases, and preparation of routine reports, correspondence and administrative documentation.
- Provide guidance and interpretation to the Spotlight project on administration, budget, financial matters;
- Provide guidance and interpretation on administrative rules, regulations and procedures;
- Develop for the project, process and system related modifications and improvements to support successful administration and financial monitoring and control
- Assist in the preparation of documents/reports;
- Compile, verify and maintain records of transactions and Office activities;
- Creates and process payments; check that documents are complete, correct and compliant with the rules, regulations and procedures;
- Provide information, explanations and guidance on basic rules and procedures;
- Ensure that the accounting records and reporting to the Spotlight Initiative Technical Team (disbursement and receipts documents) and corresponding justifications are complete and properly filed;
- Ensure that the financial resources and expenditures of the project are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning;
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of assigned accounts and monitor expenditures, participating and advising in the preparation of financial statements and budgets;
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of financial activities
- Compile and consolidate data and prepare worksheets;
- Monitor expenditures, review payments and reconcile accounts;
- Processing funds disbursements, funds Reservations, Invoices, workflow process monitoring and providing updates
- Assist in preparation of budget, check completeness, accuracy and compliance of documentation;
- Assist in the production of a variety of financial reports and statistics related to regular and extra budgetary funds;
- Prepare budget proposals and cost estimates ahead of activities in line with the UNESCO administrative and financial rules and guidelines
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- Certification/Diploma in accounting or business management
- At least three years of relevant work experience in finance, accounting or related field is required
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent planning, organizational and coordination skills.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills, good sense of judgement and capacity to support sound financial and budgetary practices.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data Management, SAP etc.).
- Willingness to work independently
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency (oral and written) in English. Fluency in other local languages
- A first level degree in Finance, Accounting or Administration.
- A specialized training in Accounting, Finance or Economics, Business Administration.
- Relevant work experience within UNESCO and/or in an international organisation and/or the UN System .
- Experience with ERP systems (such as SAP).
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Sense of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work in an intercultural environment.
- Knowledge of UNESCO’s rules, regulations and procedures as well as financial/administrative practices, and other similar systems (IRIS, DUO, SISTER, CRM).
- Understanding of UNESCO’s structure, Governing Bodies, Institutes, Commissions, etc.
- Knowledge of other UNESCO official language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish).
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO IS A NON-SMOKING ORGANIZATION
A WRITTEN TEST MAY BE USED IN THE EVALUATION OF CANDIDATES
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY PRE-SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
“UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.”
“UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process”.