Project Field Assistant - Education
- Post Date:March 21, 2021
- Views 499
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for the START4Girls Project, an Education Project implementing in Mutare and Buhera Districts in Manicaland Province, aiming to strengthen the agency and capacities of adolescent girls and young women, and the broader education ecosystem that supports them so as to promote sustained engagement in secondary education and/or training and their successful transition to adulthood.
The organization seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support towards the improvement of quality of education for vulnerable women and girls in remote locations of the targeted province.
To assist in the implementation of the “Supporting Transition Attendance Retention and Training of girls and young women project” through facilitating for capacity building and support to Schools and community resulting in independent and sustainable implementation of the project initiatives in line with agreed Donor, MoPSE and project stakeholder requirements.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of a framework for DRR and implementation of school resilience projects
- Contributes to the development of overall project implementation plans which falls under his or her role
- Implements integrated project activities (trainings, engagement, coaching and mentoring) as per the agreed workplan and guidance from technical specialists
- Provides school level ASRHR advocacy technical support for activities of adolescents’ groups.
- Provides support to school level 21st century pedagogy and integrates to school resilience projects into regular class lessons.
- Support cluster level roll out of viable VSL and IGAs, DRR&M planning and resilience building in schools and targeted communities
- Support M&E with process monitoring of activities and documentation of project activities.
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to schools in areas of operation
- Provides input during the preparation of project progress reports i.e., Monthly and Quarterly, reports or any other special reports
- Establishes and maintains relevant cluster and district level relationship with key stakeholders (e.g., MoPSE, Gender) in furtherance of his/her work in close collaboration with the field supervisor.
- Reports cases of suspected SHEA to the field supervisor, Education specialist and or relevant stakeholders and ensures safeguarding information is disseminated to the relevant stakeholders.
- 2 years’ experience in education, gender, community and youth economic development programming.
- Demonstrate ability to establish school and community structures and provide coaching and mentoring support towards promoting girl’s education
experience working with Government ministries (MoPSE and MoHTE), local authorities, Civic society organisations, adolescents and communities.
- Experience with Participatory learning and teaching pedagogy for girl’s education.
- Good understanding of the education quality, equity and inclusion needs of rural communities and of appropriate ways of tackling them.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between Education and girls Economic Empowerment.
- Ability to ride a motor bike to support project activities.
Interested and qualified persons should apply here
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
Deadline: 27 March 2021