Project Evaluation Consultant
- Post Date:November 24, 2021
- Views 234
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Million Memory Project Zimbabwe is seeking to engage a consultant to conduct an external final project evaluation for the Terre Des Hommes Sweiz “Strengthening Psychosocial Support, SRHR and ART retention programs for children and youths living with HIV”. The evaluation will apply an outcome harvesting methodology to assess the success of the project. The evaluation involves reviewing internal and external documents as well as conducting outcome harvesting sessions, key informant interviews (KIIs) and/or focus group discussions (FGDs) with the project team, partner, authorities and project beneficiaries. These Terms of Reference (TOR) serve as a request for proposals from individual consultants/ firms interested in conducting the evaluation.
The Evaluation is being undertaken in order to independently assess:
- The quality of the project concept and design;
- The effectiveness of the project in terms of achieving its planned objectives arising from the project;
- Whether or not there were unanticipated results, either positive or negative, arising from project’s implementation;
- It should also ensure that lessons learnt and best practices from the project are identified for future project planning.
- It will also provide specific recommendations regarding any follow – up actions.
The evaluation is being undertaken approximately 1 month prior to the end of project’s 3-year implementation period so that lessons learned and recommendations made can be factored into forward planning.
Scope of the evaluation
The final report should be introduced by an initial discussion of the socio-political and human rights context of the project and the development of this context during the project period. It should then discuss, provide conclusions and recommendations on the following questions:
- Effectiveness: To which degree did the activities meet the objectives and results set out in the project (as outlined in the logical framework 2019 -2021)?
- Matching needs: Did the project/activities meet relevant needs of the beneficiaries?
- Relevance: Was the project designed in a way that is relevant to reach its goals?
- Efficiency: Was the project run in an efficient way?
- Sustainability: Are the results achieved so far sustainable? Any other issues deemed relevant by the evaluator.
- The evaluator can add more things based on their understanding of the evaluation and project.
The evaluation should have the following outcomes:
- An evaluation report;
- A presentation on the research findings.
It is expected the evaluation will be done by 16 December 2021 and report submission should be done by 24 December 2021 and presentation of results by 8 January 2022.
There should be a technical and financial proposal
- Specific experience of the Lead Consultant and Associate(s) relevant to the assignment. Please provide details of similar assignments undertaken;
- Clear understanding of the assignment/interpretation of the TORs;
- Methodology to be used during the assignment;
- Work plan clearly indicating the maximum time/duration required for the assignment.
- Clear breakdown of the financial proposal including all the chargeable taxes;
- Terms of payment;
- Total quote for the assignment
Submission of proposal to offer services will include: The organisation detailed profile and or the lead consultant(s); A listing of organisations where similar service is being/has been offered; CVs of key personnel in the firm/and or consultant. Proposal Submission including all the requirements and details specified should be delivered to: [email protected]
If you have any further questions or queries with regards to this TOR, please email [email protected]
Deadline: 30 November 2021
Related Jobs (32)
2 x Projects Coordinator (Midlands Province & Matebeleland North) on December 5, 2021 Full Time
Human Resource and Administration Officer (Matebeleland South Province) on December 5, 2021 Full Time