- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 442
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Mining
A medium-size gold mining company is seeking to recruit an engineer to work under a strict schedule at the project site, where they are responsible for overseeing the installation of systems, plants and equipment and commissioning of a gold processing
plant. The period for the project is estimated at one year. The work will also cover power and water upgrade for the project.
Reporting Structure: The Project Engineer reports to the Project Manager
The incumbent will assist the project team with all engineering aspects of the project including but not limited to the following:
- Establish specifications for the project based on a thorough review of performance standards, own requirements and product design
- Plan, schedule, review, and monitor engineering tasks on the project
- Review contract documents used in design and construction
- Make improvements to, and offer advice about. operational procedures
- Ensure that equipment works to its specification
- Investigate problems and diagnose and repair faults during commissioning
- Highlight contractual matters needing particular attention and follow-up exceptional risks
- Supervise contract engineers processes and suppliers plus subcontractors.
- Review reports related to non-conformance by subcontractors and suppliers as required
- Issue Final Project Report at project completion
- A degree or diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering.
- Previous experience in plant installation and commissioning projects is essential. Recently retired engineers are encouraged to apply
- Willing to relocate to the project site for the duration of the project
- Ability to mentor junior staff
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to converse in Chinese or having worked in similar environments is an advantage
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Clean driver’s licence
Interested candidates should apply on https://forms.gle/HimktuFoy7UkqYdy9 by end of business day on Friday, 4th of February 2022.
Further details of this job opportunity will only be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.