- Post Date:August 3, 2021
- Views 406
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: Chipinge/Chimanimani District
Start Date: As soon as possible
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to TDH Italy.
Roles and responsibilities
- Convey TDH Italy staff and authorised passengers to designated approved locations;
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the assigned project vehicle;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, first aid kit and necessary spare parts;
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office;
- Ensure that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations;
- Support administration errands and perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Good communication skills; The driver should always demonstrate high sense of responsibility, courtesy and the ability to work with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
- The driver is also required to ensure the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, and compliance with TDH Italy driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of 5 O’ levels, and any other relevant certificates with a minimum of 5 years’ NGO driving experience;
- Must have a valid defensive driving certificate;
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations;
- Experience as a motor mechanic will be an added advantage.
Reference and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearance on child related offenses in conformity with TDH Italy safeguarding policy.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to: [email protected]
Applications will be considered on rolling basis. Please note the post can be filled before deadline.
Deadline: 11 August 2021