- Post Date:March 1, 2022
- Views 462
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Transportation
Reporting to: Finance Manager
HelpAge Zimbabwe (HAZ) through the support from CBM Global will be implementing the ‘Improving Vision for Communities in Zimbabwe’s Midlands Province, by Strengthening Eye Health services’ Project. HAZ is a formally registered Non-Governmental Organization (WO/89) established in 1989 to work with and for older persons in Zimbabwe. HelpAge Zimbabwe has a national mandate to promote healthy aging and promote the fulfillment of Older Persons’ (Ops) rights to nutrition, health, dignity, shelter, social security, property, inheritance and work. Recognizing that Older Persons constitute an integral part of the wider Zimbabwean community, HelpAge Zimbabwe has over the years strategically expanded its scope to include other vulnerable community members namely women, children and persons with disabilities. HelpAge Zimbabwe seeks to significantly contribute towards reduction of socially induced poverty and deprivation by delivering comprehensive rights-based development initiatives that address economic and social inequalities at various levels. The work of HelpAge Zimbabwe continues to achieve positive impacts in policy reform and life transformation through fostering social equity, inclusion and empowerment of targeted communities. Broadly, HelpAge Zimbabwe ascribes to a beneficiary-sensitive approach and adaptive programming to ensure sustainable graduation from poverty and breaking intergenerational transmission of poverty. HelpAge Zimbabwe is a child-safe organization and promotes safeguarding of adults at risk as well. HelpAge Zimbabwe is therefore committed to keeping children safe globally from abuse, through awareness raising, prevention, responding and reporting, as well as through the implementation of HelpAge Zimbabwe Safeguarding Policy.
The driver shall perform all official travel in designated official vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. To this end it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure official vehicles are adequately always serviced and road worthy.
The tasks and responsibilities
The driver performs the following tasks:
- Provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests;
- Runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies;
- Helps with transporting goods;
- Completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with HelpAge Zimbabwe;
- Cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly;
- Checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc;
- Is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance;
- Calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting;
- Reports need for service and carries out minor repairs;
- Immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings;
- Uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers;
- Other duties / additional tasks;
- Assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request.
- A Clean Class 2 Driver’s License;
- Defensive Driver’s License;
- At least 5 Ordinary Level Passes;
- A minimum of 3 years driving experience preferably in the NGO sector
Desired skills and competencies
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills, accuracy, ability to work under pressure and good communications skills;
- High level of reliability, dynamism, objectivity and integrity;
- Knowledge of electronic and paper filing systems;
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills and detail orientation;
- Strong commitment to teamwork;
- Effective communication.
- Written and Oral communication in English;
- Local / regional language (professional proficiency advantageous)
Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] and clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HelpAge Zimbabwe and its partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
Deadline: 4 March 2022