Project Director (Infrastructure)
- Post Date:October 6, 2021
- Views 308
- Career Level DirectorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Construction
Applications are invited for suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the post of Project Director. This is a very senior executive role, and the incumbent shall be reporting to the Joint Venture Management Board.
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Job Status: 24 Months, Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to strategically provide technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities.
- Stakeholder Identification and Management.
- Ensures that the project is executed in a technically sound manner, consistent with funder and stakeholders’ priorities.
- Provides oversight of the project implementation including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including, budget development and monitoring, reporting, execution of project plans, and project performance.
- Ensures the project is delivered within the required standard of quality, timeline and budget parameters.
- Conducts weekly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of financial deliverables and obligations.
- Ensures that the project progresses in accordance with its contractual obligations and complies with Financiers regulations and internal organizational policies.
- Value Engineering and devising cost-effective plans to enable effective project execution.
- Oversees the selection and training of qualified project staff, assigning clear roles and responsibilities, providing effective supervision, and managing performance to ensure efficient operations.
- Provides Visible Felt Leadership and strict adherence to industry best practice regarding Heath, Safety and Environmental Management.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related discipline from a reputable local or foreign university.
- A project Management will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience on major civil infrastructure projects particularly bridges and interchanges of which at least 5 years should have been at Project Director, Deputy Project Director or Similar Equivalent, preferred in top tier construction firms.
- Excellent leadership and business management skills
- Excellent communications, problem solving, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to relate and adapt at all levels.
- Impeccable social skills.
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- High level of personal organization
- Excellent knowledge of MS office and related software packages.
- A team leader committed to achieving the overall objectives of the project.
Candidates meeting the job requirements may apply through email by sending their resume at [email protected] with position title in the subject line
Deadline for submitting job application is 8 October 2021.
All communications will be treated in strict confidence.
Related Jobs (44)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021