Project Coordinator- Vector Control (Harare)
- Post Date:February 25, 2021
- Views 803
- Qualification DegreeExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Program Coordinator (Vector Control)
Deadline: 5 March 2021
Please be advised that the position is contingent upon contract award and client approval.
Purpose of Position
The Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor who will have the overall responsibility of ensuring that project objectives are met through the effective and efficient implementation of activities. The Project Coordinator will coordinate all project activities related to the Global Fund project and regularly attend relevant meetings including Malaria Working Group meetings chaired by MoHCC.
- Developing and updating annual operational plan
- Identifying and interviewing potential personnel for field-based positions
- Managing field-based teams and providing technical support in the implementation of the project across districts
- Oversee household registration and development of beneficiaries data base
- Developing distribution schedules
- Providing logistical support for mass distribution as well as consolidating LLINs to one central location from previous distributions
- Coordinate continuous net distribution of LLINs in the targeted areas using the various channels that includes EPI, ANC and community outlets
- Coordinate design, produce and distribute the relevant print and electronic Information, Education and Communication materials to enhance programme performance.
- Collaborating with partner organizations to help execute distributions and other activities
- Represent World Vision in project coordination meetings at National Level and any related engagements with MoHCC and implementing partners
- Responsible for management and distribution of all related materials to LLIN distribution
- Ensure effective community sensitization activities for beneficiaries and stakeholders regarding malaria prevention, control and elimination
- Conduct net utilization and care campaigns in the targeted areas
- Track and report implementation progress and coverage timeously,
- Document best practices, and generate evidence for decision making in collaboration with M&E
- Manage grant funds in line with the Global Fund and MOHCC’s requirements
- Any other activities as requested by the Global Fund Operations Manager
- At least a degree in Environmental Health, Health Promotion, Public Health
- Previous experience in mass distribution and logistics
- At least 3 years work experience in malaria programming
- Previous project management experience
- Previous liaison experience with government and partners
- Computer proficient
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.