Project Coordinator (Nkayi)
- Post Date:December 21, 2021
- Views 549
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs.
World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Please be advised that the position is contingent upon contract award and client approval.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Work Location: Nkayi
Contract duration: 2 years
About the Project
World Vision seeks a qualified Project Coordinator candidate for an anticipated Education action in Zimbabwe, to be funded by Global Partnership for Education (GPE). World Vision and its partner Education Coalition of Zimbabwe (ECOZI) will contribute to ensuring that all Pregnant Girls and Adolescent Mothers (PGAM) have access to, continue, and complete a free, safe, quality, and inclusive education in Nkayi district of Zimbabwe. Working under the direct supervision of the Education Advisor, provide technical support to the project and ensure action deliverables are attained as per the proposal. Network and nurture relationships with coalition stakeholders and ensure that the project receive the support required to achieve set objectives.
Purpose of the Position
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for direct implementation of adolescent Mothers’ Education Initiative activities in Nkayi district.
- Implement all adolescent Mothers’ Education Initiative interventions in ways responsive to children, communities and other partners in line with the donor and World Vision principles and values.
- In collaboration with Education Advisor and other internal stakeholders, guide the placement/sequencing of project interventions into the management tools, such as the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), Indicator Tracking Table (ITT), procurement plans and distribution schedules of action inputs.
- Ensure the project has a work plan with split budgets in place and follow up regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
- Monitorall adolescent Mothers’ Education Initiativeinterventions progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets, and collaborate with the Education Advisor to adjust action design as necessary.
- Coordinate the development of timely and high quality adolescent Mothers’ Education Initiative interventions updates and reports in compliance with World Vision and donor requirements.
- Support resource mobilisation to strengthen the impact of the action;
- Support the development of the data collection tools and other M&E tools.
- Support the Education Technical programme AM&E Coordinator to collect appropriate, timely and accurate data against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
- Participate in Education Coalition of Zimbabwe meetings and feedback to the internal stakeholders and consortium to improve the impact of the action.
- Implement adolescent Mothers’ Education Initiative activities in Nkayi district.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Public Policy/Education or any relevant field.
- A Masters in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ hand – on experience in Project Management (planning, leading, co-ordination, controlling and organizing) of which 2 years should be at managerial level.
- Knowledge of Social accountability are key requirements.
- A full understanding of the Citizen Voice and Action is mandatory.
- Good understanding of the Education policies
- Training and workshop organizational skills.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and under severe pressure.
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5 January 2022
Related Jobs (11)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract