Project Coordinator-Eastern Area
- Post Date:April 14, 2022
- Views 476
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
The Salvation Army Zimbabwe and Botswana Territory is inviting applications from suitably qualified, mature, honest and substantially experienced persons to fill the post of Project Coordinator-Eastern Area that has risen within our organisation.
This is a position in the Scaling Up for a Resilient Livelihood in Rural Zimbabwe to oversee the initiation of project activities, oversighting and reporting activities at the field implementation level. The position will also involve the day to day running of projects and working closely with various stakeholders such as government line ministries, NGOs, CBOs and end users at project implementation level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the agricultural and livelihood objectives of the Project.
- Carry out overall supervision of agricultural and livelihood activities of the project
- Assist the Project Manager in setting-up of demo plots, supervision of rehabilitation works and key installations.
- Training of communities on best agricultural practices
- Linking farmers to viable and appropriate agricultural technologies.
- Research activities including value addition initiatives.
- Assist in the overall implementation and monitoring of SCARL project activities as designated by the Project Manager.
- Work with local communities, contractors and relevant authorities (all key stakeholders) to achieve set objectives
- Seek advice from, and work closely with the Project Manager and DHQ/THQ project officers
- Prepare project/activity reports, work-plans and activity charts
- Advice project management and staff on matters agriculture and by extension climate change/environment.
- Prepare periodic plans and implementation reports within the agricultural and marketing components.
- Assist the project manager to prepare project plans, reports and also assessment/evaluation tools required for baseline surveys, mid-term and end of project evaluations.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Project Manager
QUALIFICATIONS. EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (Agriculture).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a project management position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Proven experience of working within Agriculture programs and able to present working knowledge of the livelihoods and infrastructure elements of agriculture focused programming.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience overseeing multiple activity streams.
- Commitment to an evidence and needs based approach.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and providing capacity building support
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Willing and able to work in rural communities
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: This function involves extensive traveling and motorbike riding therefore it requires sound physical fitness
A DRIVER’S LICENCE (Minimum class 3) is a MUST.
Interested Incumbents may send their application along with a detailed CV and proof of qualifications to the following email: [email protected].
Closing date is 15 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.