- Post Date:August 16, 2021
- Views 448
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Zimbabwe is an international disability inclusive development NGO which works in co-operation with local partners in complementing government’s development agenda. Inclusive recruitment of staff is a priority for the organisation which seeks to promote meaningful inclusion of persons with disabilities in all aspects of our work. The organization seeks to recruit a Project Assistant to support the programmes department within CBM Zimbabwe Country Office.
- Supports the cascading of the inclusion strategy;
- Actively contributes to strategies leading to the generation of knowledge and provision of inclusion expertise to the consortium, governments and other institutions, advocacy strategy development and implementation;
- Promotes the mainstreaming of disability inclusion practices in education with targeted coordination clusters;
- Supports the provision of technical support on modifications of infrastructures to be accessible to persons and learners with disabilities;
- Facilitates refurbishment of schools infrastructure to be accessible to learners with disabilities;
- Assists in the setup of inclusive resource units for inclusive education;
- Assists in promoting the collection and analysis of sex- and age-disaggregated data into needs assessment frameworks, including rapid assessments and consultation with OPDs;
- Assists the training of stakeholders (including Min of Primary and Secondary Education) and School Development Committees on Inclusive Education;
- Strengthens mainstreaming messaging to communities and other relevant stakeholders;
- Contextualises project training materials and adapt them to the needs of the target audiences;
- Helps with documenting and reporting any lessons learnt, good practices and programmatic modifications of the ongoing inclusion activities in the project.
Desired qualifications skills and competencies
- Degree in Social Studies/ Development Studies/ Social Work / Special Needs Education;
- At least two years of professional experience in disability and education;
- Strong knowledge of disability inclusive programming, disability rights and education in emergencies programming;
- Solid training and facilitation skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results in the field of disability inclusion;
- Knowledge in safeguarding of children and adults at risk is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in using Office 365.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s code of conduct and Safe Guarding Policy. In this regard reference checks and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearance on child related offenses in conformity with CBM safeguarding policy. CBM encourages qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Submit your Curriculum Vitae and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Project Assistant” on the subject of the email. Indicate expected salary in the application letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 August 2021
Related Jobs (58)
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021